• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| FTBL Bama Kickers

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Ding Ding Ding....

A complete game management mishap. Game maneagement is not on the coordinators, or Jalen Waddle, there are no excuses. The Head Coach decides which team goes on the field. And in this case you saw Gus force Saban in to a complete panic move for basically no reason, when you seriously break it down.

1. Do we seriously not have a "punt safe" option. Where the punt return unit plays a basic defensive scheme?

2. Did CNS really think.... REALLY THINK.... Gus was going to go for it and risk a TO on his own end of the field? Seriously? We need the D out there? SMH

3. How many "Coaches" and "Analysists" do you see on the sidelines and in the booth? You're telling me we should have been taken by surprise at their personnel? Game management....

4. Again - Game management - Go back and watch our last drive. On 4th down it took CNS way too long to decide we were going to go on 4th and 7. It turned into Sark rushing in a play call with like 12 seconds on the play clock. Costed a time out, which is gold in a comeback bid. Under a TO circumstance on that last play,, we could have seen who's on the field ahead of time and been ready for whatever... (Not that it was needed on 4th & medium in their own territory).

And I'll never say Saban ain't the best to do it - But that's just the truth. He fumbled the shit out of that last scenario.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
And have seen...way back when...bama shit the bed...with Bear steering the boat...
So...happens....
History will be kind....a 14-1 followed by a 11-2 ( hopefully)....hurts now....
But the difference between bama and AU....is....the fans like they won a trophy...
Bama beats AU....teams shake hands....fans stand and cheer...and leave stadium..
AU...Rush the field....
and most teams with a zillion injuries....are lucky to be 6-6..... tough year....
Roll Tide

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Seeing much more level headed conversations today. Good to see.

I have said it in multiple threads, a disciplined team is undefeated this year even with the injuries and the poor defensive play.

Reaction score
A disciplined team......that is the biggest problem in Titletown and that is The responsibility of the HC. JMO but I don't believe the players on this team fear running afoul of Nick Saban. There was a time when those F U would have been met at the hash marks after some of their stupid decisions. Today we have the cross arms silent treatment.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I could be wrong... but isnt Beluvos a walk on? I can't remember Saban having 2 kickers in Scholly (Reichard being the expected starter coming into the season)

That being said - At what point does Saban have 2-3 kickers on scholly? Like how many backup OL's do we need if you're biggest games are constantly in the kickers hands.... Which generally has gone terribly wrong over and over again. Do you sign 3, maybe one works? Just a thought

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I avoided this thread because of what I thought it might contain. As it ends up, I was right and then horribly wrong at the same time.

@FlaBama2, @bamachine, @It Takes Eleven
It's not Ding, Ding, Ding here. It's a HUGE Doink.

It was not a fair play. Blatantly against the rules of football. Much like having offensive lineman five and ten yards past the line of scrimmage, there are specific rules governing substitutions in the NCAA rule book. The officials in this game didn't know the difference between a live ball and dead ball when they kicked the field goal to end the half. The officials didn't know the rule book when they allowed this to happen.

Under ruling 9-2-1, in Article 2, paragraph b. Not only should Auburn have been penalized 15 yards from the spot of the foul—in this case the line of scrimmage—their punter should have been disqualified.

Approved ruling 9-2-1
ARTICLE 2. Unfair Tactics

a. No player shall conceal the ball in or beneath his clothing or equipment or substitute any other article for the ball.​
b. No simulated replacements or substitutions may be used to confuse opponents. No tactic associated with substitutes or the substitution process may be used to confuse opponents (Rule 3-5-2-e). (A.R. 9-2-2:I-V)
c. No equipment may be used to confuse opponents (Rule 1-4-2-d).​
PENALTY –[a-c] — Live-ball foul. 15 yards from the previous spot [S27]. Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with other rules. Flagrant offenders shall be disqualified [S47].
____

That fits in every sense of the word. It was a simulated substitution that was used to confuse.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
So when Slade Bolden who's listed as a WR comes in to play QB, and Mac Jones lines up at receiver.... is that cheating as well?

C'mon Terry.... You're reaching.

REGARDLESS - There was no reason to sub the D back in... Huge Coaching error on Saban's part in the common sense realm. It is what it is

Top Bottom