| FTBL Bama coaching changes for 2021

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I typed it backwards yesterday and he quoted the post before I had a chance to go back and edit.

Texas/Sark hired Terry Joseph for the defensive passing game coordinator and secondary coach leaving Valai without a position. Holgerson hired him as his secondary coach at Houston before he received the NFL offer as an assistant secondary coach.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Did you feel the same way about Bo Davis when he accepted a job at USC and then two weeks later joined the Bama staff?

"He'll do it to you" is an interesting turn of phrase. If he's moving up the coaching ranks I'd hope he'd jump at the chance. A move from Houston to an assistants role in the league is a step up in his career as is taking the defensive backs position in Tuscaloosa is a move up from his role in Philly.

Saban was also interested in Doug Belk. He chose a DC role at Houston vs a defensive backs role at Bama. A good career move on his resume as well.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
It's the timing, not the desire to move up. Does a commitment not mean anything anymore? I don't know all the details of his travels, but going from Texas to Philly to Alabama in a short period of time would worry me. If Tampa Bay came knocking next week, would he go?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
If he was offered a better position with Tampa I hope to god he'd go.

He didn't have a job at Texas. He takes a position in the NFL and views Alabama as a better opportunity, a move up the career ladder, and it's worrisome? I don't get that thought process.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Like I said, I didn't know his full history. I saw he accepted a job at Texas (1), then went to Philly (2), then accepted a job with Alabama (3). Three jobs in a short few weeks was what concerned me. If this was true, I would be cautious because if he'll walk out on a commitment with other programs, he's just as likely to do it again to you/us/Alabama.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Fired from Texas, hired at Houston, then to Philly, landing at Bama. I do understand what you're thinking. Personally, I weigh that against career trajectory. IE: A defensive back coach at Alabama vs an assistant defensive back coach at Philly: it's a step up.

We have the Dan Enos "bail" on the job and then we have the Derrrick Ansley's of the world. If you recall, Derrick was at UK as their DB coach before coming to Bama and left for the DB coaching job at Oakland. A career move upwards just like when he left Oakland for the DC job in Knoxville.

I understand that and can't fault them, sans the Enos types of the world.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Man, this has to sting a bit. Former Vol coach, former Vol Running back, and he reminds the collegiate football world that ...

Top Bottom