| FTBL Bama coaching changes for 2021

BAMAneck

Century Club
Reaction score
Just read that Charlie Strong may be a candidate for the Jacksonville jags defensive cord. job if Urban takes the head coaching job .

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
All good! I feel confidently that if CNS wanted to keep any of these guys he could. If there's an opportunity for a better title and more $ that UA doesn't want to match, then they should take it.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Every winning team will lose coaches and players that contributed to the success. LSU lost a ton of both last year (But O isn't Saban and LSU struggled with the change). There are many who will be willing to jump into the Saban machine despite the ass chewings they will get. A year (or more) with Saban will improve their coaching stature and their bank account.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
The foundation at Bama including the culture is so strong that it can handle these type of interruptions and hits. Been proven to be the case in the past and will be so next year. Now full turnover especially at the DC/OC spots in enough consecutive years can crack even the strongest foundation.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I am not going to lie, I have complained at times about our lack of defense, more so last year than this one. I know the offense of college football has changed so much over the past 5-7 years. The SEC is no different. Our conference is now a wide open, full throttle passing league. For many years, defense ruled the roost and we won several NC under CNS with defense.

My complaint mainly has been the pass coverage between the LB's and DB's in the middle of the field. The more I watch, I see that Bama is not the only team that struggles with this, see OSU. Its just flat out hard to take a LB and cover a back out of the backfield or slot guy with a backer. Some of the blame does fall on the DL but when we rush 3 or 4 guys against 6 OL, that's not a fair comparison either. What am I trying to say? The offense is so much more complicated with sets and schemes that it makes the best of defenses look bad at times.

All I can do is trust CNS to do what he thinks is best for AL A BAM A! Roll Tide!

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Caden Sterns was a solid example of regression. They may be getting four star talent from the state of Texas, but it isn't translating. Not to mention all of the talent leaving state has been well documented. I'm not saying they are worthless, but they aren't anything close to be very talented either.

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I guess that begs the question - Why would he leave then?

Like I said in the other thread... If CNS wanted to keep any of these guys, he clearly has the resources and success to sell as good or better of a role at UA.

(And it's some what rhetorical... If it's about "lifestyle" or "overwork", it's probably best he SHOULD move on. Winning is hard. Especially at a National Championship level)

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Some rumors swirling that Texas/Sark is Pursuing a different Pete... Pete Kwiatkowski - DC @ U. of Washington.

Assuming this would mean Golding is likely to stay? Anyone have any updates?

TIA. RTR

Top Bottom