| MBB/WBB Bama and 2018-19 Bracketology

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Alabama is 11-36 @ Vandy since 1952. 2-15 the last 20 years.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Currently Bama would be a five seed going into SECT play (would play the winner of A&M vs UGA on Thursday.)

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
@TerryP do you know how it factors in? Curios what would have happened if they would have won by the 28 points they were leading by at the 8 minute mark.
To get your offensive and defensive efficiency rankings up to where they can be teams need to run up the score. It's weighed in that metric. I don't believe I've seen a coach lay out the problems with this system better than Wade did following the LSU win.

“There’s a play on numbers that’s wrong,” Wade said. “The fifth most important category in the NET is your margin of victory, and it’s capped at 10 points. The second most important is your offensive and defensive efficiency, and there is no cap.“Well, to (get) your offensive and defensive efficiency where you need it to be, you need to run the score up on people. Alabama did us a favor (Tuesday) by dribbling the ball out and not taking a shot so we could win by nine. That was a defensive stop for us.“So they’re going to have to readjust the formula because they don’t want people to blow people out, but they’re basically telling people to blow people out because that’s weighted more than the 10-point (cap).”
Here's another example of how the coaches are coaching their games with the NET rankings in mind.

In the Va Tech game this weekend, Buzz Williams called a timeout with under 20 seconds left in the game while the Hokies were down by 11. His intent was to design a play so they could score and draw the deficit back within the 10 point margins listed in the Offensive/Defensive Efficiency category.

It was a good move IF we're looking strictly at the ranking system the NCAA has in place. However, it's just another of those contradictions to "margin of win" isn't considered when ranking the teams for the tournament.

Bama's NET is still sitting in the lower 40's with eight games to play. It will change after today's action around CBB.

Bama is currently at 6-6 away from Coleman (neutral and road games.) If they can maintain that number (.500) we're looking at a 21 win regular season. I'd guess that would put Bama around a six seed.

Century Club
Reaction score
Update this morning Lunardi has us as 10 seed trending up.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
@#80 Earlier this morning I looked over at the Bracket Matrix and noticed Bama is seeded in over 98% of their brackets.

Reactions: #80

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Got some good home games...
Need to cover n make a little noise in tournament...
A win at msu would be great...

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Road games:
Mississippi State - L
South Carolina - L
Texas A&M - W
Arkansas - W

Home:
Florida - W - historically difficult against UF.
Vandy - W
LSU - L
Barn - W

I hope they get on a winning streak and go 5-3 or 6-2. History would say it is more likely they go 4-4.

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Bama Club
Reaction score
Road games:
Mississippi State - L
South Carolina - L
Texas A&M - W
Arkansas - W

Home:
Florida - W - historically difficult against UF.
Vandy - W
LSU - L
Barn - W

I hope they get on a winning streak and go 5-3 or 6-2. History would say it is more likely they go 4-4.
A road win @ Arkansas? I’ll take a hit of what you’re smoking.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
A road win @ Arkansas? I’ll take a hit of what you’re smoking.
Well I said likely 4-4 that would probably be the one:). Arkansas is 5-5 in SEC play so it is not like it is impossible. This is not the Arkansas of old. I could not find their home/road record in sec play but they are 10-4 at home overall and something like 3-4 away.

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Bama Club
Reaction score
are you currently watching this schitt show we are preforming tonight?

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Bama Club
Reaction score
Zero presence in the paint. Hall is soft unless he’s dunking uncontested

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
The yo you continues.

Two points:
Turnovers