| MBB/WBB Bama and 2018-19 Bracketology

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
So far from what I have seen, we are very inconsistent. Next four out would be about right as of now.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
This next stretch of 4 games will be tough after last night. UT Saturday, then Ole Miss, Miss State, and the Barn. All 4 are ranked and I believe 2 or 3 of those 4 are on the road.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
We have to win games at home and pick up some road wins where we are not favored. Its all about being consistent for the long haul.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I think it most importance for Bama to win against one of these that are ahead of Bama in the standing. Here are the next SEC and Bama has one non-SEC game toss in this list:

UT: away
Miss.St: home
Burn: away
UGA: home
Vandy: away
Baylor is just before the Burn game! So which of these game does Bama need a win. Knowing that UT and Burn are ahead of Bama in the SEC standing.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
We should destroy Georgia and Vanderbilt. Thought that before and we find a way to get destroyed ourselves, but if we can take those two and steal one from Tennessee, Auburn, or Mississippi State I think we will make the tournament and have a nice second half to the season.

Century Club
Reaction score
Looking at the remainder of the schedule we are fortunate to only play TN and KY once. Barring some meltdown we should finish above .500 in the conference. With the strength of the SEC this year we would get in. Moving forward we must protect home court. We should be able to pick up a few road wins @ Vandy, Arky, MSU, SC and TAM are all in play. A win at Baylor would be HUGE. As of today RPI 42 and BPI 56.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Looking at the remainder of the schedule we are fortunate to only play TN and KY once
A major consideration on how the seeding plays out for the SECCG. I don't believe thinking they're looking at a Wednesday bye is unrealistic.
As of today RPI 42 and BPI 56.
In case some of you guys have missed it the NCAA has gone to using their NET rankings (and I believe their flawed, but I digress.) Bama is currently at 55 up from 62.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
<cough>someone should put together a table with Q1, Q2, etc., W/L records.</cough>

Century Club
Reaction score
Update from Joe this morning has us as the first of first four out or the last team to not get in. There is a lot of ball to be played should be interesting.

Century Club
Reaction score
@#80, tourney projections ... a bit to soon.
Maybe for you ....... I said a lot of ball to be played. I enjoy following it some think March Madness is the greatest sporting event.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Bama is currently at 55 up from 62.
In spite of the loss, Bama moves up five spots in the latest NCAA NET rankings (50.)
I still stand by us being a solid team and a tough out for anyone not named Duke. If Zion stays out of foul trouble I just don't think we have anyone to guard or defend him, is why I say Duke. Teams like us are the ones that make the tournament exciting.

Century Club
Reaction score
We jumped to 42 from 51 in NCAA NET rankings after last nights win.

Last edited:

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
@TerryP do you know how it factors in? Curios what would have happened if they would have won by the 28 points they were leading by at the 8 minute mark.

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
Ivory Club
Reaction score

via this tweet

Top Bottom