| FTBL Ballou and Rhea take over UA S&C program

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
...on the road at the minute...more to come.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Wow .... that would be terrible news. In my opinion he is the most valuable assistant coach on that staff.

Last edited:

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Kirby couldn't stand it. Had to make another play.

When you make half a million dollars a year, tenure is really no big deal, but I guess now that he is indeed, tenured. He will go to Jawja and work on getting locked in there.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Pay the man what it takes to keep him.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Saban can spare the money!

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I assume this is for a role coaching position(s). If so, makes sense he would want to move up at some point. Make a play for Wilson Love. Ole Miss can't really outbid us for him.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
What does Scott bring to the field?

First thing that pops in your mind?

Now, is that what Kirby thinks it's missing?

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Seems like an odd promotion. But kudos to him for getting an on-field coaching spot.

How'd he sell this to the UGA faithful paying the bills?

Big jump

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I was talking to my son about him eventually leaving a while back. He is mostly the "YEAH YEAH YEAH" guy. It takes a decent hire to replace the S&C portion but that energy is a little harder. Can be done (Wilson Love comes to mind) but it is a little more difficult. Thing is, I am not sure UGA isn't the loser in this if they move him on field. You would think Saban would have done it before if he thought there was something there he could do better. Leads me to believe that Kirby is more interested in the flash than the actual coaching for this hire. Or maybe Saban is just wrong (less likely).

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I saw this discussion on FB a little while ago. One guy said this was a good thing for Bama. He directly lays vast number of injuries in the last three years at Cochran's feet. I don't know if I agree entirely with that.

I do think Smart is playing the flash hire, nothing more. Like @rocknthefreeworld said, if there was an opportunity to move him to an on-the-field position, Saban would have already done it.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Not concerned about him. Saban didn't fight to keep him here, and we needed changes... I expect us to go after that Oregon dude, aaron feld.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I've been complaining a long time about the front 7 looking tired late in games. Whether that's the rotation (or lack thereof) or conditioning, who knows? But we're fixing to find out about the latter... lol

OriginalBamachris

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Those that think this is the worst loss for Bama as when Kirby left, I think Saban still won a Natty without Kirby.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Not good if for no other reason these players interacted with Cochran more than the on field coaches at least in the off season. Over time most people eventually want a change. I suspect Cochran was just at that point after this much time doing the same job. But he has to know how this would look from Saban and bama fans perspective. Going to the barn, UT or UGA will not win you friends for those of us that support bama.

I do think it is likely he gets a raise with an on field position.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
If this dude has been wanting an on field job for a long time, and obviously Saban has passed on giving him that opportunity, why should he care how Saban & Bama fans feel?

There's nothing wrong with believing in yourself and wanting that next challenge. Maybe he really feels that his energy & coaching will put UGA over the top... That's how a Coach should feel at the end of the day

Top Bottom