| MBB/WBB Auburn has self-imposed a postseason ban on their men's basketball for this season

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
Holy shit! With a greater than 50% chance that the NCAA tournament will get cancelled again.... yeah....slick move auburn. This should apply to the 2022 postseason should this year's dance be cancelled

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I was reading the Auburn release on it. They seem to be hoping that the NCAA will count this as a second year of missing the postseason since everyone lost last year to COVID. That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see how that works for them.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
At least they didn’t self impose it for the 2020 season...

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
So this is basically admitting guilt. With Pearl and his history does that get taken into account when the NCAA accepts or adds to the self imposed penalties?

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
They still need to release the NOA.

And to think Alabama fans wanted Pearl...

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
One of the more intriguing storylines in this whole ordeal is that of Person. Here's a guy who had a defense of "it's not a federal crime, it's a NCAA thing."

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
And for all the AU fans...hammering downon the "3years of probation news" last week....should shut those MFers up

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Just read the article. Forde does not think to highly of the Barn. I like him :)!!!!!

Quote from the article:
"Auburn, a school that would line up boosters for sworn affidavits stating that the sky is green if it would help the Tigers win a game or sign a recruit, started running out of real estate Sunday."

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Hopefully, they get hammered (and I certainly think they get hit with much more than what could be a meaningless postseason ban anyway). They knew when they hired Pearl what they were getting, and doing so while he was under the show cause was a finger to the eye of the NCAA. But that's how auburn operates. They basically hired the Joe Biden/Hunter Biden versions of father and son softball coaches when they knew they lacked any ethical boundaries. And if they are forced to fire him, auburn won't care. They were a win away from an NCAA basketball title game, it was worth it. But, they could recruit and coach softball, and it worked for a bit until it all came unraveled. auburn doesn't care, they were a win away from a WCWS title. Several years back they hired a baseball coach (Thompson) who also had baggage, but again, he was going to get the baseball team back to Omaha (that high risk, high reward move didn't pan out, so they "removed him from the family"). When they finally fire Gus, if Freeze is available, you can bet the mortgage they will try and hire him too. It's just what they do, and that's fine. But, when the internal fires from those hires get out of control, they can't sit there and blame everyone else. It's on them, their AD, boosters, and trustees. They are the ones who are bringing in the rule arsonists and handing them a box of matches.

Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Forde has a long history of back and forth with auburn, they don't like him, and he doesn't like them. For a school that has a history of coddling the media, they have no love for Forde who has tried and tried to pull back the curtain on auburn for a while now. You can tell in the tone of his article that it's a personal mission to him at this point. And I'm no fan of Forde, but in this case, it's an 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' type deal...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Continuing to cheat while you're already under NCAA investigation is a move only the bold like Pearl attempt...

Top Bottom