| FTBL Auburn beat writers are turning on Gus.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I get it but based in their history I’m not real sure what they expect. They’re basically the KC Royals but think they’re the NY Yankees.

c5vetman

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
As long as they are 3-4 or better against Alabama, he’ll keep his job. He could lose every game but if he beats us every other year or so, he’s golden.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Yeah, costing us two Nattys has saved him in my opinion.

Was talking to my dad yesterday and he said Georgia has won like eleven of the last fifteen against Auburn. We compared that to the Georgia-Florida rivalry in the 90's, and how many coaches Georgia went through because of that. Couldn't beat Tennessee in the 90's either, so another comparison. It makes sense that 3-4 against us has kept him his job.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
His record from above is less than stellar against the big boys in the SEC and bowl games. What year is he in with that big $49 million, 7 year deal. Is it 2 or 3? Big buyout if the powers that be decide to look elsewhere. When he first came into college coaching at Arkansas and Tulsa, he offense was new and it took teams awhile to adjust. Now, teams know what to expect. To be able to run his offense effectively, you need to have a mobile QB and right now Auburn has a drop back passer IMO.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
It's very telling that a below .500 record against us is cool with them. Last season could have very well been Harry Potter's last win against us. Had Tua not had such a bad year with injuries, we'd have won handily, even with our defense playing so poorly. And that would have been the final nail in his coffin. The consensus there as of now is, the pandemic may have bought this clown easily 4-5 more years. Especially if there is no spring practice again this upcoming year.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I considered the Cubs, but people outside of Chicago actually like them... ;)

While on this topic though, the comparison of the UGA program and their fans to the Dodgers franchise and their fans is uncanny. Massively underachieving teams who choke in key moments with fans who always act like they're the reigning and soon to be repeating world/national champions. If you take away the Dodgers WS win in '88, this comparison is nearly flawless all the way back to 1980. Their equally trashy fan bases is what really makes it so good.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I understand that, but sometimes it's not about the statistics, it's about the accomplishment in itself. They had no reason beating us those two times and they found a way. That buys you time to get that extra class or two in there and trying to lure the recruits. Also, it's about getting that booster money too. I don't know Auburn's fundraising, but it wouldn't shock me if that was a part of the reason he's still there as well. Who else is 3-4 against us? Dabo is what, 2-2?

Top Bottom