| OT Are you into sports nostalgia? A thread on "Our Lives" gives me an idea...post some of your nostalgic pictures from sports: real or in the movies

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
If one was into ranking great Bama moments......it would be hard not to rank that NC over Miami as #1.....and that play...non play....intop 5

It will probably always have my vote as best title game for Bama ever. Just had everything. Big underdogs against a seemingly invincible opponent in the apex of its dynasty. And who had more arrogance and outlandish behavior than the Hurricanes? A Heisman QB for Miami and in that 3rd quarter our defense ran them off the field. Our defense was our offense all night and when Brother Oliver stacked 12 men on the LOS for the presnap look Gino Torretta was losing his mind.

Also having George Teague play Superman that night was just spectacular. And who was running their mouth more than Lamar Thomas before the game? Supposedly the fastest man on the field. The takeaway couldn't have happened to a more worthy guy. I bet he still wakes up at night in a cold sweat thinking about that George Teague rundown.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Their fraternity...
We slamma bama!!!!
Actually the cane players were really nice after game in compliments about bama

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
The A-Train Artis Gilmore!

1564762807712.png

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
6'4" David Thompson of N.C. St over the 6'11" Bill Walton. Incredible vertical jump!

1565018743954.png

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Stallworth and Swann, not a fan of the Steelers but these two could flat out play.

1565191746997.png

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
The Fearsome Foursome, one of the best defensive lines in pro football history. Lamar Lundy, Merlin Olsen Rosey Grier and Deacon Jones.

1565355590828.png

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Purple People Eaters

Jim Marshall, Alan Page, Gary Larsen, and Carl Eller
Image result for purple people eaters vikings

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I was going to put that one on Monday. I loved Page's face mask and wore one just like it in high school.

Purple People Eaters

Jim Marshall, Alan Page, Gary Larsen, and Carl Eller
Image result for purple people eaters vikings

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I was going to put that one on Monday. I loved Page's face mask and wore one just like it in high school.

No team I loved more than the Vikings. What did you think of the "Doomsday Defense"?

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
No team I loved more than the Vikings. What did you think of the "Doomsday Defense"?

Loved the Cowboys defense with Lee Roy Jordan, Chuck Howley and Dave Edwards playing LB's. Throw in Bob Lilly and Jethro Pugh to get pressure from the front. Personally, I liked the second version better on the front with Harvey Martin, Ed Too Tall Jones and Randy White (remember the flex defense). Waters and Harris playing DB was solid as well.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Dodgers infield of the 70's: Steve Garvery 1st, Davy Lopes 2nd, Bill Russell SS and Ron Cey 3rd. Not a Dodgers fan!

1565619458675.png

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Loved the Cowboys defense with Lee Roy Jordan, Chuck Howley and Dave Edwards playing LB's. Throw in Bob Lilly and Jethro Pugh to get pressure from the front. Personally, I liked the second version better on the front with Harvey Martin, Ed Too Tall Jones and Randy White (remember the flex defense). Waters and Harris playing DB was solid as well.

Dallas as a football organization was the gold standard for a long time in the NFL. Don Meredith to "Bullet" Bob Hayes was the bomb, literally, way back. Roger Staubach, Lance Alworth, Duane Thomas, Walt Garrison, Calvin Hill, Drew Pearson, Tony Dorsett, they put some great offenses on the field to go with both versions of the "Doomsday" defense.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
The Big Red Machine from the 70's, so dominate!

1565705796632.png

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
There was only one baseball team when I was growing up. The wild and crazy mustached bunch of the Oakland A's. With Reggie Jackson, they ripped off 3 world titles in a row. Dick Williams was the perfect manager for these guys and Charlie O. Finley was the bomb as an owner and they still have the coolest uniforms in the league. Their minor league team being the B'ham. Barons brought a lot of these guys through their baseball system.

Catfish Hunter, Blue Moon Odoms, Vida Blue, Rolle Fingers, Sal Bando, Joe Rudi, and a host of others.

Image result for pictures of oakland A's reggie jackson

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Saw them in birmingh
There was only one baseball team when I was growing up. The wild and crazy mustached bunch of the Oakland A's. With Reggie Jackson, they ripped off 3 world titles in a row. Dick Williams was the perfect manager for these guys and Charlie O. Finley was the bomb as an owner and they still have the coolest uniforms in the league. Their minor league team being the B'ham. Barons brought a lot of these guys through their baseball system.

Catfish Hunter, Blue Moon Odoms, Vida Blue, Rolle Fingers, Sal Bando, Joe Rudi, and a host of others.

Image result for pictures of oakland A's reggie jackson's reggie jackson

Saw them in Birmingham play the B'ham As
Awesome group.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Three positions within the yard markers, top, middle, or bottom. How many of you guys went up and down, up and down, as if you were "juking" the game?

Might want to hit the volume button on the tweet...reminded me and now I'm trying to find the touchdown sound.

Top Bottom