| OT Are you into sports nostalgia? A thread on "Our Lives" gives me an idea...post some of your nostalgic pictures from sports: real or in the movies

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Dr. J, one of my favorite players when I was a teenager. Look how large his hands are in the photo.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Dr. J, one of my favorite players when I was a teenager. Look how large his hands are in the photo.

View attachment 11528
One of my favorite players all time. I used to watch NBA basketball when people like Dr J played and I had much less responsibilities:). Not so much now. His reverse underneath the backboard layup is still one of the greatest plays I have ever seen. Looking at that picture you think he may have some knee and ankle issues?

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
May 10, 1970 bobby Orr scores the winning goal in the Stanley Cup during OT.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
One of my favorite players all time. I used to watch NBA basketball when people like Dr J played and I had much less responsibilities:). Not so much now. His reverse underneath the backboard layup is still one of the greatest plays I have ever seen. Looking at that picture you think he may have some knee and ankle issues?
And that's a young Dr. J with those braces. Still playing in the ABA with that anti-Kaepernick basketball.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Kareem Abdul Jabbar and the famous Sky Hook:

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
George "The Iceman" Gervin

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
my mom's favorite play :)
Little trivia side note on that play....it was called back because we were called for off sides and Miami had to accept the penalty to nullify the play. :)

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
Little trivia side note on that play....it was called back because we were called for off sides and Miami had to accept the penalty to nullify the play. :)
yeah, we all know that. it's called the greatest play that never way.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
If George doesn't take that ball away from Thomas, Miami simply declines the off side's penalty and the ball is around the 5-yard line and the Hurricanes have all the momentum. Every time I see that play it has always bothered me that Keith Jackson could never figure out the true significance of the play in real time. If not for Bob Griese trying to set Keith straight, the significance of what Teague did was being lost.

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
yeah, we all know that. it's called the greatest play that never way.
Figured all the old cooters on here remember, wasn't sure about the the young whipper snappers. :p

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
No words needed.

That was about the time you started to feel it. This image is one of my favorites. Teague is on his way back to the sidelines after the strip.

c.jpg

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
That was about the time you started to feel it. This image is one of my favorites. Teague is on his way back to the sidelines after the strip.

View attachment 11630
If one was into ranking great Bama moments......it would be hard not to rank that NC over Miami as #1.....and that play...non play....intop 5

Top Bottom