| RECRUIT Arch Manning commits to Texas

bamanc50

Sideline Club
Not a big surprise. He was going where he was guaranteed to start and it was either Texas or Georgia. At Bama he would have had to compete and that would have been a whole new thing for him. No doubt, he is talented and Sark will be a good coach for him.

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Not a big surprise. He was going where he was guaranteed to start and it was either Texas or Georgia. At Bama he would have had to compete and that would have been a whole new thing for him. No doubt, he is talented and Sark will be a good coach for him.
Ya know, Quinn Ewers looks every bit the player that Arch has and I don't see him as simply bowing out. Georgia has some highly thought of quarterbacks as well. Personally, I don't see this as a decision based on a guarantee to start.

One thing I do believe is he'll have more control of what happens at Texas than UGA or Bama. The "powers that be" still have a lot of weight in decisions made in football—on and off the field. I can see the Manning's with similar influence.

bamanc50

Sideline Club
Ya know, Quinn Ewers looks every bit the player that Arch has and I don't see him as simply bowing out. Georgia has some highly thought of quarterbacks as well. Personally, I don't see this as a decision based on a guarantee to start.

One thing I do believe is he'll have more control of what happens at Texas than UGA or Bama. The "powers that be" still have a lot of weight in decisions made in football—on and off the field. I can see the Manning's with similar influence.

By this time next year Ewers will have already transferred to another school. Arch is to Texas what Bo was to Auburn. The guaranteed starter before he graduated from high school. IMO

Bama Guy

Sideline Club
When I saw the headline on another site, I was actually hoping he did not choose Alabama. Guess that was where my head was at, but just didn't want to say it out loud. Roll Tide!!! No drama.

Davestwin

Sideline Club
I guarantee you Ewers and his parents are pissed. He’s already transferred once and doing so again will cost him NIL money. I so hope Bama plays much better against this Manning than they did against the first three ( Archie was 2-1, Peyton was 3-1 and Eli was 2-2).

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Arch is to Texas what Bo was to Auburn.
That's a wild analogy. Arch is to Ole Miss ... or Arch is to Tennessee I can see. I don't get the reference.

The guaranteed starter before he graduated from high school. IMO
I'm not trying to belabor a point but this was not a decision based on a guarantee of a starting job. It mirrors the decisions made by Eli and Peyton.

If Sark was still at Alabama in the OC role, Arch would be headed to Tuscaloosa. The Manning's look at Sark as a modern day David Cutcliffe.

The only real guarantee here is as much of a hypothetical as it is written in stone. Arch to Texas may guarantee Sark an extra season; say getting run out of Austin in four years versus three.

'65 Cobra

Century Club
When I saw the headline on another site, I was actually hoping he did not choose Alabama. Guess that was where my head was at, but just didn't want to say it out loud. Roll Tide!!! No drama.
I know it sounds strange, but I was really hoping he didn't pick Bama. What a circus. Because of the family ties it just seems like the whole process was a bit tainted with a sense of entitlement. Who needs it... Good luck at Texas.

Top Bottom