| FTBL Apparently Kaho is in the Portal

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Dang, I hate seeing this. I really had high aspirations for him. He was a hell of a special teams guy and fun to watch on goal line when he was in. He's going to be a heck of a player for someone and I feel like he could start anywhere else in the country. Gonna miss him.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Hope he next team he will be a first teamer.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Hopefully, he will change his mind, he has a history of injury. If not, I wish him well at his next stop.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
Shit. He was my breakout defensive prediction for 21. Watched him on ST and in mop up and he seemed very disciplined but very physical also. I really hate to see this but best wishes to him

jlabit

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
I do not like this transfer portal. Saban not only has to recruit high schoolers, he also has to recruit his signed players. I can understand it from the players perspective, but seems to me that once you have committed and played, some penalty should be assessed before you leave for another school. At one time, a one year sit-out was required. Is that not still so? I believe they are waiving that for this year. Just think it should be more difficult to opt out.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Do they stay on scholarship until they leave, or once they enter they are off? I know guys come back, but I find it hard to believe the school pays their tuition and food if they aren't students or may not even be. Member of the team.

Davestwin

Registered
Reaction score
There will probably be some RB’s hit the portal at some point. They’ll see how things look after Spring football then decide. It’s unfortunately just part of the game now. I’m amazed how Saban keeps so many bought into the process. Just part of being the GOAT.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
We’ve lost more 5* guys the last 2 seasons tha most schools land in a decade.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
There is one exception here that has been used with some of the upperclassmen. Is it being used with guys going into the portal? I don't know. I do know this effects the 85 total. This is what I was referencing yesterday:

Bylaw 15.5.6.4.1
15.5.6.4.1 Preseason Voluntary Withdrawal. [FBS/FCS] An institution may replace a counter who voluntarily withdraws from the football team by providing the financial aid to another student who already has enrolled in the institution and is a member of the football squad. For this replacement to occur, the counter must withdraw prior to the first day of classes or the first game of the season, whichever is earlier, and provide the institution with a signed statement releasing the institution from its obligation to provide institutional financial aid and verifying the voluntary nature of the withdrawal. The institution may immediately (beginning with the fall term) award the financial aid to a student-athlete who has been a member of the team for at least one academic year and has not previously received athletically related financial aid. A student-athlete who has not been a member of the team for at least one academic year may not receive the financial aid during the fall term, but may receive it in an ensuing term (e.g., spring semester, winter quarter). (Revised: 4/28/05 effective 8/1/05)

Top Bottom