| FTBL And the hyperbole of 2019 begins: "This has a chance to be the best all-around team Nick Saban's ever had."

12gage

Century Club
Reaction score
And Latu won't even be starting after the first few games.

jdpas29

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
offensively, i could see there being some smashed records. defensively, i just don't see the depth/experience to really pull off a "best ever" type year.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
The only smashed record I want to see is 15-0.

I really think Saban wanted to be the first to do this. I know he mentioned several times in interviews and speaking with the team. Had our chance last year and blew it. Guess we can be the second team to do it. Guess the goal, starting now, is to be the first team to do it back to back.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
If most of our starting juniors happen to stay next season, including Tua, yes, this could be the best all-around team of the Saban era. Q-man, Wilson, Jonah Williams, Josh Jacobs, Irv Smith, were in Tuscaloosa practicing, I would be all in.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
If most of our starting juniors happen to stay next season, including Tua, yes, this could be the best all-around team of the Saban era. Q-man, Wilson, Jonah Williams, Josh Jacobs, Irv Smith, were in Tuscaloosa practicing, I would be all in.
Never happen....just when the team has that potential....bam....they gone in droves
Only nicks recruiting and "process" says the day....

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Never happen....just when the team has that potential....bam....they gone in droves

Never know. A few years ago, we kept Jonathan Allen, Reuben Foster, OJ Howard, Ryan Anderson for their senior year. These were guys mature enough to trust the process.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Century Club
Reaction score
No doubt Nick's selling piece of come to Bama and we'll get you ready for the NFL is working on the recruiting end BUT it would be better if some of these players stayed around for year 4 for the betterment of the program. If you live by the sword then you might die by the sword.

It's possible the new coaching staff might be able to do a better job of keeping all the stars focused on the task at hand instead of their draft spot. I wish all the guys all the success in the NFL and hopefully they make millions but Bama football is my biggest concern.

“People who are in it for their own good are individualists. They don’t share the same heartbeat that makes a team so great. A great unit, whether it be football or any organization, shares the same heartbeat.”...……..Coach Bryant

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Never know. A few years ago, we kept Jonathan Allen, Reuben Foster, OJ Howard, Ryan Anderson for their senior year. These were guys mature enough to trust the process.
And how did that end for them? 2016!
So even keeping doesn’t guarantee anything
But for the guys it was a $$$$ bonus....

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
And how did that end for them? 2016!
So even keeping doesn’t guarantee anything
But for the guys it was a $$$$ bonus....

I didn't think firing our OC on the eve of the game was a great idea. But no guarantees.

Top Bottom