| MBB/WBB Ambrose-Hylton and Alex Tchikou have entered the transfer portal

Rolltide24

Century Club
This isn't true. Last year defense was real good. This year our defense can be real good when locked in. This attributes to lack of leadership and experience on this year team. Similar to football team this past season.

You do realize Oat offense scheme is very similar to Kansas and Auburn in some way?

Let's review the loss this year:
Iona 72-68
Memphis 92-78
Davidson 79-78
Missouri- 92-86
Auburn 81-77
Miss St-78-76
LSU 70-76
Etc, Etc.

If we had another shooter, (Burnett who was injured in offseason) I promise you, we would be playing better. I would say half of the loss would be a W. The team was good enough to make a deep run in tournament, I think and I'm pretty sure it's because of lack of experience/maturity issue with the roster. A coach can do everything in his power to correct issues and he can do all the right thing.. and at end of the day, it's still on the players...

I'll never forget my freshmen year. We had ton of shooters on the team. We all could shoot ball. We could easily get up to 80 points if we wanted, but coach M's offensive scheme calls for ball movement, using space, etc. We went 3-13. We lost 8 straight games in a row to the point where coach M told us that he wasn't gonna yell at us anymore and let us figure it out going forward. What was the issue? We didn't play defense. Not knowing when to switch on D, boxing out, putting pressure off ball and on ball, etc. We occasionally got blown out by teams by 20, 30, 40 points. One game, Score was 59-21 something. The last 5 games of the season, we started to play harder... We no longer were getting blown out.. all remaining game was either a W or a close loss by 1-3 points.

Oat has the team heading in the right direction. Oat was at Buffalo for 4 years... Look at his record...
third year he went 27-9. 4th year he went 32-4.

2nd year he went 26-7
3rd year he went 19-14. (half of the loss were either 3 point or less.)
I'm willing to bet his 4th year The team is whole lot better this fall.
Some good points, but… I counted 3 losses by 3 points or less. Win all those and it doesn’t really change our season. Got beat bad in the games that mattered.

I like Coach Oats, hell of a recruiter. At least that’s my opinion. But man, this year was about as frustrating as any year in Bama men’s basketball during my lifetime. I guess we could deduct that he has us heading in the right direction if we think of a yo-yo.

Year 1 - 16-15
Year 2 - 26-7
Year 3 - 19-14
** Projected Year 4 - 29-5?? An optimist could hope!

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
This isn't true. Last year defense was real good. This year our defense can be real good when locked in. This attributes to lack of leadership and experience on this year team. Similar to football team this past season.

You do realize Oat offense scheme is very similar to Kansas and Auburn in some way?

Let's review the loss this year:
Iona 72-68
Memphis 92-78
Davidson 79-78
Missouri- 92-86
Auburn 81-77
Miss St-78-76
LSU 70-76
Etc, Etc.

If we had another shooter, (Burnett who was injured in offseason) I promise you, we would be playing better. I would say half of the loss would be a W. The team was good enough to make a deep run in tournament, I think and I'm pretty sure it's because of lack of experience/maturity issue with the roster. A coach can do everything in his power to correct issues and he can do all the right thing.. and at end of the day, it's still on the players...

I'll never forget my freshmen year. We had ton of shooters on the team. We all could shoot ball. We could easily get up to 80 points if we wanted, but coach M's offensive scheme calls for ball movement, using space, etc. We went 3-13. We lost 8 straight games in a row to the point where coach M told us that he wasn't gonna yell at us anymore and let us figure it out going forward. What was the issue? We didn't play defense. Not knowing when to switch on D, boxing out, putting pressure off ball and on ball, etc. We occasionally got blown out by teams by 20, 30, 40 points. One game, Score was 59-21 something. The last 5 games of the season, we started to play harder... We no longer were getting blown out.. all remaining game was either a W or a close loss by 1-3 points.

Oat has the team heading in the right direction. Oat was at Buffalo for 4 years... Look at his record...
third year he went 27-9. 4th year he went 32-4.

2nd year he went 26-7
3rd year he went 19-14. (half of the loss were either 3 point or less.)
I'm willing to bet his 4th year The team is whole lot better this fall.

IF we had another shooter? Well if we scored 100 points a game we would go undefeated. Who cares about "if"? We didn't. We had this team. Their defense sucked ass a majority of the time. They were motivated for 20 minutes a game most of the time. Bediako and Ellis were the only consistency we had. Shackelford and Quinnerly regressed in my eyes. Shackelford struggled shooting from inside the arc, and was a disaster handling the ball compared to last year. I'll say it one more time, he was too heavy. JD dealt with Freshman issues, and if he comes back will see some increased production. I have been a sunshine pumper for this team all season long, but towards the end of the season we simply sucked and lacked intensity. Next year, we really have no choice but to get better because our shooting was not great, our defense was not great, and our leadership was non-existent.

Last edited:

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
IF we had another shooter? Well if we scored 100 points a game we would go undefeated. Who cares about "if"? We didn't. We had this team. Their defense sucked ass a majority of the time. They were motivated for 20 minutes a game most of the time. Bediako and Ellis were the only consistency we had. Shackelford and Quinnerly regressed in my eyes. Shackelford struggled shooting from inside the arc, and was a disaster handling the ball compared to last year. I'll say it one more time, he was too heavy. JD dealt with Freshman issues, and if he comes back will see some increased production. I have been a sunshine pumper for this team all season long, but towards the end of the season we simply sucked and lacked intensity. Next year, we really have no choice but to get better because our shooting was not great, our defense was not great, and our leadership was non-existent.
Since when you were a sunshine pumper?

Top Bottom