| FTBL Alabama Players in the transfer portal (K. McDonald, S. Meyer, ) Anoma withdraws from portal.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
I'm absolutely thrilled to get Lewis and Jennings back on the edge. It gives us another year to get our young guns up to speed regardless of Anoma. I'm still more worried about who is starting next to Dylan and who is actually calling the defense.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Reaction score
Dang, hate hearing this about Anoma. I know his uncle is very sick as well. More likely a family situation more than playing time. He has been posting stuff on Instagram in the locker room, football facilities, and in class. Hope he puts it all together.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
HARRY'S
Reaction score
Hope him the best(Anoma).

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
Reaction score
Interesting take (yes, everything on Twitter is true)....

I don't remember what that Tweet said. Evidently, the interest gained was to a degree that it was pulled...

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
Reaction score
So all these scholarship kids that are in the portal, don't we immediately get that scholarship back once he leaves school?
So we get 2 more scholarships even if they are finishing out their classes?
In this case, if Anoma leaves at the end of the semester Bama has an open scholarship. What do you do with an open slot in May? You're looking at being able to add a JUCO player or give a walk-on a scholarship along with any player that's in the portal.

But there's where it gets sticky. If a school signed 25 between the two signing dates they won't have room to add another initial in May. Even though the team may be at 84 with one spot open, they are at their limit at 25.

Options?

Sign 26 and take the penalty of losing two off of the next class.
Undersign in December and February in anticipation of a player leaving so you'll have another initial.
Lose a scholarshipped position for that season.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
In this case, if Anoma leaves at the end of the semester Bama has an open scholarship. What do you do with an open slot in May? You're looking at being able to add a JUCO player or give a walk-on a scholarship along with any player that's in the portal.

But there's where it gets sticky. If a school signed 25 between the two signing dates they won't have room to add another initial in May. Even though the team may be at 84 with one spot open, they are at their limit at 25.

Options?

Sign 26 and take the penalty of losing two off of the next class.
Undersign in December and February in anticipation of a player leaving so you'll have another initial.
Lose a scholarshipped position for that season.

Shouldn't it be handled the same as if a Junior declared for the NFL? They are declaring for the transfer and unless they qualify for the "special circumstances" much like we took advantage of with the 5*LBer from Washington last season, both situations should add to the total 25.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
Reaction score
Shouldn't it be handled the same as if a Junior declared for the NFL? They are declaring for the transfer and unless they qualify for the "special circumstances much like we took advantage of with the 5*LBer from Washington last season, both situations should add to the total 25.
If a Jr declares, the team is still limited to the 25 for the class. That one is "caught up" in December if they get a guy who signs early and is an early enrollee as well. How that loop hole is spelled out is still a little lost on me. I say it is caught up by what they are doing this season with two going a blue-shirt route and other counting against what was left over from the last class.

Don't mix Kaho up in this. There were a lot of stories about him but the constant themes were he never attended any classes and wasn't accepted/or signed all his GIA paperwork. He was in a state of limbo versus being in a portal. ( :sick: , limbo and portal ... gawd, I'm starting to hate these little phrases.)

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Reaction score
Coach Saban just said on ESPN that we had a guy go in and now he's out of the portal. He talking about Anoma?

Yep, looks like ANoma is staying. Awesome news.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
Coach Saban just said on ESPN that we had a guy go in and now he's out of the portal. He talking about Anoma?

Yep, looks like ANoma is staying. Awesome news.

Commentators took it to mean Anoma

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Reaction score
First documented escape from the portal?

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
I had heard from a buddy he had a meeting with Coach, so it sounds good to be him. Plus Terry said that as well.

Coach Saban mentioned that most of this is listening to outside voices. These millennials are going to be the death of us. He may be raw but he is lightning in a bottle. I hope we get a chance to root him on.

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
ADMINISTRATION
HARRY'S
Reaction score
Arguably Saban's most important recruitment of the day. Could have used him against Clemson ;)

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Reaction score
The transfer porter is constituting its own off-season sport I did notice that Penn State, the Dukies, R-Kansas and a host of others has an unusual amount of activity.

Beam me up Scotty

Top Bottom