| FTBL Alabama Players in the transfer portal (K. McDonald, S. Meyer, ) Anoma withdraws from portal.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I liked Kyriq! He seemed to be off to a good start his freshman year... That crazy thing in the SEC title game where he collapsed probably didn't help his transition into soph season.

Ultimately just a lot of talent at that position right now... young talent. And he's not the biggest dude. Good luck to him

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I wish them well as they move on in football and life. IMO, this will not be that huge of a loss.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I didn't even know the football transporter allowed long snappers to enter the portal?

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
So all these scholarship kids that are in the portal, don't we immediately get that scholarship back once he leaves school?

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
The scholarship doesn't have to be renewed in the coming class once they enter the portal.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
The scholarship doesn't have to be renewed in the coming class once they enter the portal.

So we get 2 more scholarships even if they are finishing out their classes?

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
So we get 2 more scholarships even if they are finishing out their classes?
Yes... if we choose not to renew them. Just because you enter the portal doesn't mean you actually transfer. It just allows coaches to contact you. The trade off is the school doesn't have to renew your scholarship if they choose not to...

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
A JUCO WR who just committed to Cal on December's signing date has entered his name in as well. He makes the second player I know of who signed in December, only to enter the portal within six weeks.

im4uainva

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I read elsewhere that this situation could be attributed to his Grandmother? If something along that line is the reason, I can understand his decision. I just hope it's not because of something at Bama that has displeased him.

ROLL TIDE!

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I’ve read that it is rumored he has ADHD and that it hampered him moving from the meeting room to the field. The kid was also raw as can be. I recall that Anoma only started playing football his junior year of HS. Tons of ability but extremely limited on football knowledge and technique.

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Bama Club
Reaction score
Interesting take (yes, everything on Twitter is true)....

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the idea that when you enter the portal, there are consequences.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I’ve read that it is rumored he has ADHD and that it hampered him moving from the meeting room to the field. The kid was also raw as can be. I recall that Anoma only started playing football his junior year of HS. Tons of ability but extremely limited on football knowledge and technique.

When he put out the cryptic text I read something about his ADHD. That being the case, it will probably not end well. I believe Luther Davis almost flew the coop early on. He too was struggling with mental health issues.

Century Club
Reaction score
Taking a step back should have seen this coming ..... Anoma leaving makes me very sad.

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Bama Club
Reaction score
Maybe just stand still. I wouldn't count him as gone yet.
Seriously? Why would you think this would end any other way? I doubt his phone ain’t ringing off the hook. Was he just visiting the Portal and clicked on the wrong button and wound up entering?

Top Bottom