| MBB/WBB Alabama Men’s Basketball Ends Season in Sweet 16 with Overtime Loss to UCLA, 88-78

PurlJam

Bama Club
Quick observation, no one mentioned, what happened to Shackelford last night? He is usually very active especially on the offensive end but he was really not a factor at all. Could have used a big scoring night from him for sure.
Good point, don't know what happened to him last night, but he turned it over nearly every time he touched the ball.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Crimson Tide Club
Ain't gonna lie, still hurt over this one. Not sure why this one hit me so hard. Maybe it was the Seniors that I watched come in and work so hard from not having much of a program to being a #2 seed in the tournament and knowing they will move on, or maybe it was just the fact we lost knowing we were a better team. Either way, this one stings a little, and this is probably more how everyone here felt in 2008 when Saban was bringing the football program back from it's glory days and we lost to Florida in the SEC Championship.

Proud of winning the SEC Championship, beating LSU three times, Tennessee twice, and everyone else for that matter. Gonna miss John, Herbert, and Alex big time.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Ain't gonna lie, still hurt over this one. Not sure why this one hit me so hard. Maybe it was the Seniors that I watched come in and work so hard from not having much of a program to being a #2 seed in the tournament and knowing they will move on, or maybe it was just the fact we lost knowing we were a better team. Either way, this one stings a little, and this is probably more how everyone here felt in 2008 when Saban was bringing the football program back from it's glory days and we lost to Florida in the SEC Championship.

Proud of winning the SEC Championship, beating LSU three times, Tennessee twice, and everyone else for that matter. Gonna miss John, Herbert, and Alex big time.
Yeah. The whole thing boiled down to::::
A...exciting offensive basketball.
b....great D
C..,,some good young players
D.....sweet 16
E......and best of all..... sec champs. Regular season and tournament

what bama fan wouldn't have taken that back in Nov/Dec

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
I hate that we lost lost the game because of the kids representing Alabama this year. Thank you to our graduating seniors who hung around for the 2nd year of Coach N.O. Best wishes as you move on to your next adventure. I along with many of you are happy that Bama had a tremendous year on the hardwood.

As for the game, it can be summed up:
Horrendous free throw shooting. 11 for 25.
Our best player had his worst game in two years, it happens, its basketball.
Congratulations men! Thanks for making Bama basketball exciting again.

mando

Sideline Club
and front end of 1n1s....
@BamaFan334
Yep makes it even worse. I coached them up hard last night when this was happening and not in a good way. You would have thought it was a Bama football game in my house. Wife has never seen me get as vocal for Bama basketball but dang it they were better than this. Not the first time they have had a game like that this year either but this one just happened at the wrong time.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Perhaps the pressure to get to the Elite 8 was the difference. At least Nate doesn't have to eat those Milk Shakes today.

Who knows. Especially late, pressure had to be mounting. Bama shot very poorly in Hinkle both games they played there, but shot lights out at Bakers Life. Obviously a very small sample size. Also, the lack of being able to go into the gym at their own leisure and put shots up had to hurt some. That was a concern of mine from the start with this team that has several guys who spend so much extra time doing that when in Tuscaloosa.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Looking ahead to next year, this is what we know...

Loses- Herb Jones, John Petty, Alex Reese, Jordan Bruner

Returners- Jahvon Quinerly, Jadan Shackelford, Josh Primo, Keon Ellis, Juwan Gary, Alex Tchikou, James Rojas*, Keon Ambrose-Hylton, Darius Miles

Signees- JD Davison, Jusaun Holt, Langston Wilson

Speculation...

Possible late additions- Nimari Burnett (transfer) and/or Charles Bediako

*Possibly transfers? I know Oats loves his toughness so this is just a guess. Someone would have to go though to make room if 2 guys are added. I'd expect a couple of guys to submit their names to the NBA draft, but likely return after getting feedback like Herb and Petty did last year.

If it shakes out like that though, that's a lot of talent and another really deep team. I expect a tad better overall 3 point shooting team (in terms of %**) and much better finishers at the rim next year.

**Bama ended up 109th in the nation in 3 point % at 35.19. If Petty, Reese, Herb, and Bruner were their own team, they'd have been ranked 173rd.

PurlJam

Bama Club
Not that it matters but I am convinced that Bama was a better team than UCLA easily. But it does not really matter at this point. I think this is one that Bama let get away. Do not think anyone is going to stop Gonzaga. Only team that might have a shot would be Baylor.
I thought the same thing about Michigan being one of those that might stop the Zags....good thing I don't bet on Basketball. :p

Top Bottom