| MBB/WBB Alabama Men’s Basketball Ends Season in Sweet 16 with Overtime Loss to UCLA, 88-78

Rolltide24

Century Club
Refs made some bad calls. But we shot more free throws than they did even though we’ve fouled them so many times in OT to stop the clock. And they about doubled percentage of makes. We can only blame ourselves for this one. Missed free throws have frustrated many of us fans all year. Tonight they did us in.

Can’t beat getting a matchup with an 11 seed in the sweet 16. Best draw you can get as a 2. Just didn’t bring it tonight. It was a fun season and great to win the SEC and so many games. No doubt about it. I was a little skeptical of all folks picking us in the final 4, but I think if we played great ball every night, we had a chance. Playing great ball every night is the tough part. Can’t have an off night or lose focus on any fundamentals or effort any night or you’re done. Here’s to next year!

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Refs made some bad calls. But we shot more free throws than they did even though we’ve fouled them so many times in OT to stop the clock. And they about doubled percentage of makes. We can only blame ourselves for this one. Missed free throws have frustrated many of us fans all year. Tonight they did us in.

Can’t beat getting a matchup with an 11 seed in the sweet 16. Best draw you can get as a 2. Just didn’t bring it tonight. It was a fun season and great to win the SEC and so many games. No doubt about it. I was a little skeptical of all folks picking us in the final 4, but I think if we played great ball every night, we had a chance. Playing great ball every night is the tough part. Can’t have an off night or lose focus on any fundamentals or effort any night or you’re done. Here’s to next year!

You're exactly right about the draw we got. Got the lowest seed in every game we could.

Sad thing is we still should have won the game in the end. As bad as we shot, we should have still won. I felt they never missed tonight when it mattered and we couldn't buy a basket.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Regular Season SEC Champions
SEC Tournament Champions
Sweet 16

Before the season, I would have taken just 1 of those, and been really happy. In the end, we got all 3. Tonight was disappointing... the offense was bad, the free throw shooting was awful, and a couple of guys who got them to that point really struggled. But I'll remember the 2021 team as the team that changed the culture and planted the Script A flag back on top of the SEC Mountain. This program is back where we hoped it would be.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Regular Season SEC Champions
SEC Tournament Champions
Sweet 16

Before the season, I would have taken just 1 of those, and been really happy. In the end, we got all 3. Tonight was disappointing... the offense was bad, the free throw shooting was awful, and a couple of guys who got them to that point really struggled. But I'll remember the 2021 team as the team that changed the culture and planted the Script A flag back on top of the SEC Mountain. This program is back where we hoped it would be.

Correctamundo!

In his second year as HC, Nate Oats delivered a lot of things. And the future looks VERY bright for the program.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
Bama had a great year. Coleman would have been rocking if not for the virus. It is my hope that Bama BB will get to the point where making the NCAA will be the norm instead of the exception as well as winning the 1st game. Winning game two and onto the Sweet Sixteen will be gravy and a spot in the Elite 8 would be great but not a disappointment from my seat.

Roll Tide.

Last edited:

PurlJam

Bama Club
Tough loss there.... hit our FT's and it's a blowout, but great season overall. Won the SEC regular season followed up by the SEC tournament championship in CNO 2nd season.... having a little deja vu with this team/basketball and the 2008 football season and we all know how that turned out. :)

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Jones and Shack combined for 3-11 and 8 points. 14 turnovers and 14 missed free throws for the team. Spells disaster. We were lucky to even be in this game at the end. We’re not in it in OT. Ugly exit to an 11 seed. They have the better team tonight.
Shooting from charity stripe reminds me of FG kicking ........... FTs was undoing
Wasnt just poor. Was terrible

mando

Sideline Club
Tough loss there.... hit our FT's and it's a blowout, but great season overall. Won the SEC regular season followed up by the SEC tournament championship in CNO 2nd season.... having a little deja vu with this team/basketball and the 2008 football season and we all know how that turned out. :)
I have been thinking the same @PurlJam. Hope that is the case for sure. I refrained from saying much last night because well I was extremely frustrated with the way the team lost the game.

After a night of sleep still frustrated but at least able to appreciate what the team did accomplish. Still have a ways to go but Oats made it exciting to watch Bama basketball again. Honestly in the SEC this team exceeded my expectation. Not so much in the NCAA Tourney. A lot of hype so I expected them to make it at least into the elite 8. Still think they should have but did not.

May start a thread on peoples views of Oats as it relates to his coaching strengths and weaknesses.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Well, on the bright side, now UCLA will now be on the receiving end of a beatdown against Michigan in the Elite 8 instead of us. This was a fantastic season, and the program is already light years ahead of where it was under Grant and Johnson. But, the Elite 8 would have been ugly for us, I'm afraid. We are trending in the right direction, but we aren't at Michigan's level. At least not yet.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
Year 3 should be interesting. It appears Bama might have the roster to have a good year . I am glad the AD updated Nate's contract. I see that Indiana has hired Mike Woodson to as HC and that seems like a risky hire even though he is a former player.

Pac12 gets 3 in the 8 and the old SWC has 3 as well.

Top Bottom