NEWS Alabama making change at kicker

• Thread starter Matt Zenitz | mzenitz@al.com
  • Start date

After the third missed XPT it was obvious 29 lost his job. You really have to kick the ball poorly to miss an XPT.
I am a 46 year old ex soccer player. I guarantee I could make 95% of all extra points.. with either foot..lol

It is sad he can’t kick an extra point. I think the crowds must overwhelm him
Yeah, I kicked as well and I could go out there and make an extra point. Like I said as close as the ball is to the goal post you really have to kick it poorly to miss.

bama alum

Verified Member
HARRY'S
After the third missed XPT it was obvious 29 lost his job. You really have to kick the ball poorly to miss an XPT.
I am a 46 year old ex soccer player. I guarantee I could make 95% of all extra points.. with either foot..lol

It is sad he can’t kick an extra point. I think the crowds must overwhelm him
I agree with @50+yeartidefan that it was pretty obvious that a change had to be a no-brainer, but this wasn't announced til yesterday. Something tells me, @Destiny's Child , that a coach or two overwhelmed him at practice this week. In this case, good. Like you said, either foot...Just an XP.

LSU got a transfer division II kicker who is lights out so far. Our luck with transfers has been terrible.
Transfers....you do remember the scholly kicker from West Virginia that lasted one year and Cade Foster never made shet and owns without a doubt the greatest joke job in history in his 2013 meltdown at the Barn.

Now if Nick can solve the punting issue.....that is bigger than this PK deal.

sk33tr

el jefe
HARRY'S
especially considering it's the most practiced kick they do (at least it was when i've watched most kickers practice).

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
I used the square toe and the strap!!! Would kick, run off the field, change shoes then run back out to play safety!!!
I was back up kicker one year. I could not use the strap. Did use the ole square toe pilgrim shoe though. I could boot it pretty high on kickoff but lacked distance. Could kick a PAT but had 0 range moving back. Actually executed a nice onsides kick in a JV game one night. The ball took it's bounce and went about 20 feet in the air knuckle spinning. Came right down to one of our receivers. Pure luck

Top Bottom