| FTBL Alabama lands former Ohio State wide receiver, Jameson Williams

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Nothing weird about the story; they are loaded at WR. Ebuka was Washington States main guy who transferred in as I recall. A good class on top of OSU's main guy returning.

It's A LOT like Bama's depth in a few positions.
If he was a starter or competing for starter And left because of competitive position .
That would be wierd.
But coming to bama. Where there is a lot coming in i found it wierd
Its wierd

but could be lots of reasons including the OC. Who he might really want to play for

TerryP

Ivory Club
If he was a starter or competing for starter And left because of competitive position .
That would be wierd.
But coming to bama. Where there is a lot coming in i found it wierd
Its wierd

but could be lots of reasons including the OC. Who he might really want to play for
In my view this is a narrative that needs to be dropped. He wants playing time, and they're deep and talented.

Saban mentions, specifically, that they'll hit the portal for specific needs. He was heavily recruited by Bama. They have the need, the need for speed.

It's no different than Sheffield headed up there.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
In my view this is a narrative that needs to be dropped. He wants playing time, and they're deep and talented.

Saban mentions, specifically, that they'll hit the portal for specific needs. He was heavily recruited by Bama. They have the need, the need for speed.

It's no different than Sheffield headed up there.

all maybe so....

yeah...welcome him to ttown for sure....
Roll tide

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
There's "shit" going on in their wide receiver room. But, this isn't a "maybe so" (much like a lot of things you tend to question.)
A "shit" going on would be classified as something "wierd"

wanting to play for the bama OC and Nick makes a lot of good sense
Excited to see him be leader in wide receiver room for youn-uns...
Cant wait to get back to BD!!!

XXL TideFan

Seer
Bama Club
When Bama had Altee and that crew in the RB room, what that "weird shit?"

If you want to compare this to some of Lance Thompson's stuff, you're onto something. But, it's not weird. It's Dubosian. It's Shula 2.0. Preferential treatment.

It will ultimately have the same results. My opinion, it looks like something left over from Urban. I can’t remember if UF’s locker room went through similar or not.

TerryP

Ivory Club
It will ultimately have the same results. My opinion, it looks like something left over from Urban. I can’t remember if UF’s locker room went through similar or not.
It's football, kids, playing time, coaching decisions that don't match what kids have been told (see Burnett, basketball) and other things

It's just...

today.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
The kid was their 4th leading WR last season with 9 catches!!!! The leaders were at 50 and 43, with #3 with 10 catches!!! Their offense seems more of a "one trick/ one read passing game" where there is no 3rd read/checkdown. I could see the want to get out of there too.

mando

Sideline Club
The kid was their 4th leading WR last season with 9 catches!!!! The leaders were at 50 and 43, with #3 with 10 catches!!! Their offense seems more of a "one trick/ one read passing game" where there is no 3rd read/checkdown. I could see the want to get out of there too.
So my original post about this was there seems to be more to the story. Something like the system that Ryan Day runs, the program culture etc.... All of these could be factors. The scheme may not be setup to take advantage of his skill set or the other receivers are more talented for Day's system.

TerryP

Ivory Club
So my original post about this was there seems to be more to the story. Something like the system that Ryan Day runs, the program culture etc.... All of these could be factors. The scheme may not be setup to take advantage of his skill set or the other receivers are more talented for Day's system.
Ever consider how one school and their conference handled last fall versus another we are intimately familiar with? He wasn't even practicing while watching the SEC play ball. A lot of different factors that could have played in here.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
tOSU does have a super talented WR room, but it looks as though out of all of those receivers, only 1-2 are going to get a lot of targets.

mando

Sideline Club
Ever consider how one school and their conference handled last fall versus another we are intimately familiar with? He wasn't even practicing while watching the SEC play ball. A lot of different factors that could have played in here.
Yeah this was the conversation I was hoping to start. There is usually a story. For Bama when someone leaves it is mostly lack of playing time because the guys ahead of you are well better at doing what Coach wants them to do and likely as a result more productive. Sometimes it is just the kid does not take his school work serious enough. Many other possibilities like academics, discipline etc...

I would not say that any these things at Bama cultural or systemic issues. I was just trying to explore if culture, scheme or other made this kid not a good fit at Ohio State but would be at Bama. May be way overthinking this but somehow Saban is willing to make room for him so he thinks there is something to be gained for Bama.

TerryP

Ivory Club
May be way overthinking this but somehow Saban is willing to make room for him so he thinks there is something to be gained for Bama.
Some'll call it "out recruited, others fall into "can't sign 'em all." Bama almost signed him. It was UA or OSU.

Balance this out. Fields is said not to have the numbers Mac did last season because of all the talent Mac had around him. BUT, the same group points to the talented depth in the locker room as the reason he's transferring.

Ol' logic test again.

94 Grad

Century Club
Some'll call it "out recruited, others fall into "can't sign 'em all." Bama almost signed him. It was UA or OSU.

Balance this out. Fields is said not to have the numbers Mac did last season because of all the talent Mac had around him. BUT, the same group points to the talented depth in the locker room as the reason he's transferring.

Ol' logic test again.
True.... but just as a note, I'd say Mac's numbers were so good more so to our Oline Talent than the WR room... but no one can deny the depth of talent at WR for sure... just my opinion.

I don't really care the reasons why the kid wants to transfer... I only care that Saban wants him. That's good enough for me.