| FTBL Alabama lands former Ohio State wide receiver, Jameson Williams

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Bama Club
Am I assuming To'oto is no longer coming? Funny as he may be headed to Ohio State per rumors.
Some of our younger ILB's as well as Moody looked pretty strong at A-Day. I believe Sankey said June before the SEC makes public their plan as far as SEC players transferring within the SEC.

JMO but Bama needs a punter more than ToTo.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Am I assuming To'oto is no longer coming? Funny as he may be headed to Ohio State per rumors.

The talk after the season was that it would take elite level number wizardry, even by Saban's standards, to add more than 1 transfer to the roster. But, Saban is the Merlin of roster management, so I also wouldn't count anything out.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Some of our younger ILB's as well as Moody looked pretty strong at A-Day. I believe Sankey said June before the SEC makes public their plan as far as SEC players transferring within the SEC.

JMO but Bama needs a punter more than ToTo.
The Spring Meetings (when they will approve or disapprove the one-time transfer rule) are held Memorial Day weekend (but are being remote and broken up into smaller meetings for 2021). That's why the June date is expected.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Bama Club
The Spring Meetings (when they will approve or disapprove the one-time transfer rule) are held Memorial Day weekend (but are being remote and broken up into smaller meetings for 2021). That's why the June date is expected.
Normally the better poster (rant) that keep count (as best they can) of the scholly situation have a good idea of how many must hit the road before the new guys report but this year that crew is silent so far.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
He did catch a 45 TD pass vs Clemson in the 1st round playoff game this past season

Reading on the Rant one of the OSU posters said they didn't want him anyway.

Well, you can have her, I don't want her
She didn't love me anyway
She only wanted someone to play with
But all I wanted was love to stay.
Looked up game stats. Had one catch for 14 yards.26BCD042-7008-4586-A069-EE06D6155540.png

Last edited:

mando

Sideline Club
Have you ever been to Columbus, OH?
Nope but some would say that about Tuscaloosa, not me mind you. Was asking seriously. Most of the times the really good players do not leave programs like this. Now those that can't beat out the other players usually go find another spot but not at Bama. If this kid is good enough to come play at bama he is good enough to play a Ohio State. Just feels like there is something to the story.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Nope but some would say that about Tuscaloosa, not me mind you. Was asking seriously. Most of the times the really good players do not leave programs like this. Now those that can't beat out the other players usually go find another spot but not at Bama. If this kid is good enough to come play at bama he is good enough to play a Ohio State. Just feels like there is something to the story.
Yep. Story Feels wierd.....

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Bama Club
I have read that he was really close to signing with Bama out of HS but picked OSU at the end. I also read that OSU has a loaded WR room for next season. It seems a bit odd with all the new receivers and our older guys that Nick takes another guy but he also said Bama needed speed in that group so it appears he not only talks the talk but he goes and walks the walk and it didn't take him long.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
I have read that he was really close to signing with Bama out of HS but picked OSU at the end. I also read that OSU has a loaded WR room for next season. It seems a bit odd with all the new receivers and our older guys that Nick takes another guy but he also said Bama needed speed in that group so it appears he not only talks the talk but he goes and walks the walk and it didn't take him long.

Yes, Ohio State is flooded with wide receivers right now. Wilson, Olave, Ebuka, Smith-Njigba, Flemming. Five right there, three that were five stars (not that it matters).

TerryP

Ivory Club

Yes, Ohio State is flooded with wide receivers right now. Wilson, Olave, Ebuka, Smith-Njigba, Flemming. Five right there, three that were five stars (not that it matters).
Nothing weird about the story; they are loaded at WR. Ebuka was Washington States main guy who transferred in as I recall. A good class on top of OSU's main guy returning.

It's A LOT like Bama's depth in a few positions.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Bama Club
Nothing weird about the story; they are loaded at WR. Ebuka was Washington States main guy who transferred in as I recall. A good class on top of OSU's main guy returning.

Marvin Harrison Jr is in that group of receivers. Sounds like the young player made a business decision. We'll see if it were a wise one. JMO but if Nick would bring in a receiver with the current group we have (two more coming this summer) then he will bring in ToTo as well even with the group we have at ILB.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Could be anything. Breakup with a girlfriend. Academics. Future opportunities. Weather. Prefers crimson over scarlet. Let's not assume he's coming because something is wrong.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club

He was not a transfer. Came from Washington out of high school as an early enrollee. He is a big reason they thought Tuimoloau was gonna be headed to Ohio State as well, part of a Washington pull.