| MBB/WBB Alabama Hands No. 4 Auburn its First Loss of Season

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).

The barn played a poor game last night, not even their B- game, which will never cut it for a road team in the SEC. Maybe they are a bit overrated, but #23 is the real deal. Barring injury, he'll be a one-and-done top 15 pick.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

Attachments

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
You have to work hard be 9-22 on layups. Wow!!!!

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Was discussing this with a barner fan at work yesterday and he said the most frustrating thing for him during the game was the missed layups. I assumed this was tip ins as well. Still I would think being that close to the basket your percentage would be well above the 41% the Barners shot.

Bama Club
Reaction score
CNO was on F'baum yesterday he said Reese will have surgery at the end of the season. I'm guessing from what I've seen it may be a knee.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
These layups were atleast contested, so give our defense some credit and let's not think of them as just break away attempts they just missed at some high clip. We contested just about every shot I made from what I remember. Very few points in transition and they didn't get as many wide open threes as I'm sure they're used to. Our boys defense is what did it, not necessarily just a bad off night for Auburn.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

Notice, "if the game were at home" along with the 15 wins being mentioned. Two thirds of their games were at home, a game in Mobile as well, along with three in exhibition. Beating Davidson in Annapolis isn't a big deal.

I don't mean this as a slight on Auburn's talent. A note of caution, perhaps. They are 3-2 in conference with the two losses on the road. Mississippi State, Auburn's lone road win, just walked through Georgia at home after beating Mizzou by around 25.

Hard to get a grasp on a few of the teams and it's almost February.

Top Bottom