| FTBL AL A BAM A vs. Auburn Score

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Headed south this evening to Mt. Juliet, Tn., home of son #2 and his family for Thanksgiving. My folks are coming up from Florence, Al. and son #1 and family will be coming in as well from Ohio. I am trying to get the threads on early that I normally post during the week. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

What's the final score in the Iron Bowl at Jordan Hare this Saturday?

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Coach Saban takes his Powerful Pachyderms down the road to visit with the Lee County Kitties this Saturday. There's always a little feline voodoo dust floating in the air when the Pride of Process rolls into town, but the only magic these cats see this season will be on their trip to the Birmingham Bowl.

Leonard's Loser - aubrun by 21

Bama 38-17

im4uainva

Sideline Club
Headed south this evening to Mt. Juliet, Tn., home of son #2 and his family for Thanksgiving. My folks are coming up from Florence, Al. and son #1 and family will be coming in as well from Ohio. I am trying to get the threads on early that I normally post during the week. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

What's the final score in the Iron Bowl at Jordan Hare this Saturday?
I used to live in Mt Juliet, off of Old Lebanon Dirt Rd, about 25-27 years ago. Nice little community. Lot bigger now, I guess. Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and...ROLL TIDE!

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
When you break it down, upsets, as in TRUE upsets in the Iron Bowl are exceedingly rare. The "underdog" has won in some instances, but the "underdog" wasn't a terrible team by any means. A slight exception would be us upsetting them in 1984. Even with the win, we still finished 5-6 that year. But, in other "upsets", it wasn't really an upset at all.

2001: We won as a pretty big underdog, point spread wise, yes, but us and the barn were both 7-5 at season's end.
2002: We were the favorite and the barn won in a game that wasn't even as close as the final score of 17-7. We finished 10-3 while they finished 9-4. Just a few weeks earlier, they were ranked ahead of us
2010: We were a slight favorite, despite being a 2 loss team and them being undefeated. Still don't know how we were not the underdog that day. At any rate, it wasn't an upset. They were the better team in 2010 and should have been favored
2013: We were 2 TD favorites but they were ranked number 4 and the game was for the SEC West
2017: Same sort of setup as 2013. We were undefeated and #1 and they were ranked # 6. The SEC West was on the line and the game had playoff implications
2019: Again, we were favored and they won, but the overwhelming prognosis going into the game was an auburn win. We had just lost Tua and Mac had had NO SEC road game experience at that point. The 2019 auburn team was NOT in complete and total disarray like this year's version is

Other than 1984, I can't recall an IB where the underdog was horrifically bad and pulled off a shocking upset. Especially when the underdog is on a downward spiral and the favorite is a top 5 team. A high percentage of the time, the better team wins

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Coach Saban takes his Powerful Pachyderms down the road to visit with the Lee County Kitties this Saturday. There's always a little feline voodoo dust floating in the air when the Pride of Process rolls into town, but the only magic these cats see this season will be on their trip to the Birmingham Bowl.

Leonard's Loser - aubrun by 21

Bama 38-17
Dang ur good at that

Top Bottom