| PRO AJ is headed to Atlanta

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
I just have a hard time believing that ALL of those coaches didn't want to win more games if they felt AJ was the answer.

He just is what he is - A good backup. Dude has made a hell of a living doing that.... And will have a relatively healthy retirement compared to a lot of cats in that league!
When you're paying your starter 20 million a year and you move ahead a backup making a million into that slot it make the GM look stupid and for the most part it will not happen. Every stop for AJ the starter (to be) was the guy making ALL the MONEY.

What we do know and it is documented AJ has 3 NC rings (one as a redshirt and he was locked and loaded) while the rest of NFL starting QB's don't. JMO but AJ had terrible luck with his injury his Sr year at Bama and his fall down in the draft cost him big bucks. Shit happens.

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
When you're paying your starter 20 million a year and you move ahead a backup making a million into that slot it make the GM look stupid and for the most part it will not happen. Every stop for AJ the starter (to be) was the guy making ALL the MONEY.

What we do know and it is documented AJ has 3 NC rings (one as a redshirt and he was locked and loaded) while the rest of NFL starting QB's don't. JMO but AJ had terrible luck with his injury his Sr year at Bama and his fall down in the draft cost him big bucks. Shit happens.

AJ just is what he is... He was a 5th round pick for legit reasons and it wasn't just from being banged up.

Tim Tebow had some rings and even won an NFL playoff game - That doesn't mean he got an unfair shake when he was out of the league a few years later.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
I just have a hard time believing that ALL of those coaches didn't want to win more games if they felt AJ was the answer.

He just is what he is - A good backup. Dude has made a hell of a living doing that.... And will have a relatively healthy retirement compared to a lot of cats in that league!

Two fan bases would question your comments here. One is the Bengals. The other is the Dolphins. Andy Daulton should have been pulled years ago, and Bengals fans would agree with you. Dolphins fans and some players wanted Ryan Fitzpatrick instead of Tua, yet they stuck with Tua. I understand the Tua situation more than the Dalton one, but those are two recent instances where a coaching staff or front office may not have made the right decision on who was starting.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
Two fan bases would question your comments here. One is the Bengals. The other is the Dolphins. Andy Daulton should have been pulled years ago, and Bengals fans would agree with you. Dolphins fans and some players wanted Ryan Fitzpatrick instead of Tua, yet they stuck with Tua. I understand the Tua situation more than the Dalton one, but those are two recent instances where a coaching staff or front office may not have made the right decision on who was starting.

Tua gets a pass for year one because the offense Chan Gailey choose for Tua was pretty sad. This year Tua has to prove himself to be the man. I sure hope it works for he and Jalen.

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club

Of course there are those scenarios.

My point is - ALL of those coaches were wrong about a solid backup instead of their starter? ALL of them?

"Man, if AJ just could have had the right coach instead of the other half a dozen, he could have been a perennial starter."

I just don't see it

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
AJ just is what he is... He was a 5th round pick for legit reasons and it wasn't just from being banged up.

Tim Tebow had some rings and even won an NFL playoff game - That doesn't mean he got an unfair shake when he was out of the league a few years later.

I feel Tebow really did get an unfair shake. He was better than Mark Sanchez and could have backed up MANY other players in the league. His ability far outweighed a lot of guys there. Colin Kaepernick was an NFL starter for years and comparable to Tebow in my mind.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
I feel Tebow really did get an unfair shake. He was better than Mark Sanchez and could have backed up MANY other players in the league. His ability far outweighed a lot of guys there. Colin Kaepernick was an NFL starter for years and comparable to Tebow in my mind.

Tim got booted because he wouldn't put down his Bible. Not a starter but a pretty good backup.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
Of course there are those scenarios.

My point is - ALL of those coaches were wrong about a solid backup instead of their starter? ALL of them?

"Man, if AJ just could have had the right coach instead of the other half a dozen, he could have been a perennial starter."

I just don't see it

When you look at the Bengals, the Raiders, and the Texans, those are three franchises that don't scream success. Head scratchers is probably the better phrase when describing the three franchises right there. Pulling for the Raiders though since they have Jacobs, Drake, Ruggs, and now Leatherwood.

Trent Richardson looked fine with the Browns, then goes to the Colts and Raiders and died off. There are a handful of good franchises in the NFL, the rest simply suck and ruin careers.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club

Tim Tebow is an outstanding person who is making a difference in this world. We've been involved in Night to Shine for several years, which is just one part of his mission/influence, and it's incredible. He's an incredible athlete as well. That being said, Tebow couldn't pass well enough to be an NFL starter. Recognition, release, accuracy - combined, it just wasn't going to happen after a 1 1/2 season experiment. Sanchez was no prize, but he put up better numbers.

Putting aside the personal qualities of both, Kaepernick was a much better passer.

RTR,

Tim

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
Tim Tebow is an outstanding person who is making a difference in this world. We've been involved in Night to Shine for several years, which is just one part of his mission/influence, and it's incredible. He's an incredible athlete as well. That being said, Tebow couldn't pass well enough to be an NFL starter. Recognition, release, accuracy - combined, it just wasn't going to happen after a 1 1/2 season experiment. Sanchez was no prize, but he put up better numbers.

Putting aside the personal qualities of both, Kaepernick was a much better passer.

RTR,

Tim

I just think it's hard to allow time for adjustment to the NFL at a year and a half. He is a good enough athlete and VERY smart guy where I think he could have adjusted. Give him a couple of years to learn and he would have been fine. That's just my two cents, but to be 100% honest, he's probably better off out there doing what he's doing than being a part of a cancerous type outfit like the NFL or like a majority of professional athletes..