| PRO AJ is headed to Atlanta

BAMAneck

Century Club
YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.....

I hope he gets a shot at eventually starting and having a chance to see if he has what it takes to be a starter.

I think he was one of the first “ big time “ QB’s to sign with BAMA ..... I know Phillip Simms signed in same class but AJ is the one who did what he needed to do to win the job and never looked back to back.

I can remember him dropping dimes on the sexual assault badger in the championship game and I feel like he has been overlooked for some reason .

You see all these guys get recycled from team to team . I know he has his limits but he also is a winner and some guys just play differs under the lights than on the practice field.

Plus , what BAMA fan wouldn’t want to see 3 NFL teams have starting QB’s and WR’s from Alabama.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
AJ was always and will alway be one of my all time bama favorite players....
If you dont know....in Rama Jamas ...the table that SI took the cover photo of him is marked ( or was)........
He has bounced around...Cincinnati...Houston...buffalo...atlanta...Oakland
I still think...the 2013 AU game..if bama wins...hewins Heisman.....who knows..
Still making millions at each stop...though

5F27917B-812A-438A-94F5-3AB5AB33C035.jpeg

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.....

I hope he gets a shot at eventually starting and having a chance to see if he has what it takes to be a starter.

I think he was one of the first “ big time “ QB’s to sign with BAMA ..... I know Phillip Simms signed in same class but AJ is the one who did what he needed to do to win the job and never looked back to back.

I can remember him dropping dimes on the sexual assault badger in the championship game and I feel like he has been overlooked for some reason .

You see all these guys get recycled from team to team . I know he has his limits but he also is a winner and some guys just play differs under the lights than on the practice field.

Plus , what BAMA fan wouldn’t want to see 3 NFL teams have starting QB’s and WR’s from Alabama.

If Mac clicks with the Pats it could even be four.

The other side of many of those AJ connections was Norwood. I always thought he was a gamer and would make it in the NFL, but he had just enough bad breaks and injuries to keep him from the field. He ended up grossing about $1.6 million in the league over five seasons, but half of it was in season one. I hope he salted some away and landed on his feet.

AJ's big money has just rolled in over the last three seasons. $14.4 million in gross career earnings over eight seasons, with over $11 million coming over the last three seasons.

RTR,

Tim

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
He ended up grossing about $1.6 million in the league over five seasons, but half of it was in season one. I hope he salted some away and landed on his feet.

After taxes and agent fees that isn't a lot really. At least 40% went to those, maybe more. Worst part is the "jock tax", filling out the income taxes for every state you played a game in, and even some cities.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
After taxes and agent fees that isn't a lot really. At least 40% went to those, maybe more. Worst part is the "jock tax", filling out the income taxes for every state you played a game in, and even some cities.
Yeah. These politicians have figured a way to get a piece of everything from those who earn it...
And retire rich...
But these athletes have smart CPA s that know how to hide it to....

but AJ making 14$ mill over 6-8 seasons...and only keeping half...7 million...
Is still enough..if smart..to live a very prosperous life,..and AJ will do well in life..

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Understood, but taxes are extremely high as you are a contract worker. Full FICA plus state, local, federal. That can easily hit 40% by itself.

That’s why they all get smart financial guys for tax planning. Deductions, charity contributions, establishing trusts, etc. Guys drafted in round six may not get the help, but players in the first two rounds certainly will. The challenge will be if the player listens to the advice. Some (Trent Richardson) don’t.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
So this should tell us. He going be a backup in the NFL. So what did Watson do to get him in hot eater?

Yeah, he's back up QB at this point, and there's certainly no shame in that. This move sorta reminds of me of Matt Schaub going to the Falcons to back up Ryan. He started 1 game in 5 years but made really good money before heading to the house... (Atlanta did draft Franks from Arkansas yesterday as well)

Good to see you back on the boards again and posting. Not the same around here without you.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
AJ will have a hard time becoming a starting QB in the NFL at this point in time IMO. He did well with the Bengals but left bc of playing behind Dalton. He has had cups of coffee with Oakland and the Texans. I wish him well and would love for him to have the chance to really compete for a starting job. Best wishes young man!

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
AJ will have a hard time becoming a starting QB in the NFL at this point in time IMO. He did well with the Bengals but left bc of playing behind Dalton. He has had cups of coffee with Oakland and the Texans. I wish him well and would love for him to have the chance to really compete for a starting job. Best wishes young man!

I just have a hard time believing that ALL of those coaches didn't want to win more games if they felt AJ was the answer.

He just is what he is - A good backup. Dude has made a hell of a living doing that.... And will have a relatively healthy retirement compared to a lot of cats in that league!

OldPlayer

Bama Club

With Ryan's increasing age, AJ will have a good opportunity to become the starter. Ryan will have less mobility (not that he ever had any), lower arm strength (it's tough to throw the longball to quality receivers like Julio and Ridley), and more susceptability to injuries.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Barring a “Matt Cassel for Tom Brady” type situation I believe the window for AJ to be an NFL starting qb has passed. Granted if Ryan went down early and AJ came in and won consistently or at least put up winning numbers it could happen but my magic 8-ball says “appears doubtful “

Top Bottom