| FTBL Adam Kramer has a fluff piece on Bryce on BR.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Looks like I need to update BR...I don't concern myself with their embed links. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe Friday.

Link.

im4uainva

Sideline Club
Reaction score
What brings me down, other than the fact that the greatest QB I've seen at Bama leave before his senior year, is the possibility that, because of CV19, we won't be able to experience maybe the next best, or worst case, second best QB at Bama in his Freshman year. If CFB is not able to resume this year, 2020 will be the worst year (all events happening considered) of my 71 years of existence. And 2020 is far from being over...yikes!

ROLL TIDE!

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
A few times you've mentioned what is going to happen in November after the election. I have to say, 'stop, and smell the coffee.'

Consider this...instead of having to read about it you're experiencing the Dust Bowl, the Great Depression, the Civil War, Watergate, the Spanish Flu, and the Civil Rights Movement...all at the same time! 🙃

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
The only thing about it, however, is that our current circumstances are tiny fractions, at best, compared to the actual events. The coverage and the emotional, unthinking tsunami of ignorance makes those willing to be whipped into a frenzy, frenzied.

African dust has been mixing with Caribbean and Southeast soil for millennia.
This downturn is self-inflicted and the long-term damage will be limited to certain sectors.
CIvil War? Call me when we get to Bull Run.
Watergate? Dirty tricks, yes, but this falls short unless you have Hannity's daily rewind in your ear. Still waiting for Trump to execute his worldwide arrest of molesters and miscreants.
Spanish Flu? 50 million world and 675M U.S. deaths with perhaps a quarter and less than a third of the population, respectively.
Civil Rights Movement? not even close.

Suck it up, people.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@It Takes Eleven
Such a fitting statement for a football forum. One of the things I noticed several weeks ago was a majority of those who've been whipped into this frenzied state are the same ones who get whipped into the same shape with every bad break that happens in the course of a game.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
@TerryP historically I am very even keeled and back away from the fray to insure I stay that way. I have just never seen anything like the current madness. Thus my comment about moving to the woods. I am not a coffee drinker so I guess I will just go fishing :). Cheers and Roll Tide.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
A lot like golf, ya know? You have to be even keeled to be good at golf, or fishing. They go hand in hand.

Back away from the fray? I'll avoid it, if possible. No one has been disrespectful to me in person since all of this started. I"ve not seen any of my friends disrespected as well. If the fray included the lack of respect? Even keeled is skewered.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
This is why I liked the football analogies Tim and I were talking about this week. How different is what you're referring to than having Danielson, and the like, bombard your Saturday with commentary on the football game you know isn't correct? It gets to the point you're saying, "okay, that's your opinion Gary, it's not based on reality, it's based on talking points to incite."

Is that not a lot like what we're seeing today? I'm reminded of my days in Humanities classes at UA in New College. We were bombarded with different viewpoints (literally, averaged two books a week for two semesters) to the point we had to read, assimilate, and judge. I don't find today's news a lot different (especially considering we were reading the Orwell genre.)

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
You get it. You have to choose are you going to continue to sit and listen to the constant bombardment or turn it off? If you listen to it enough it will have an impact on you one way or another. If you keep listening many times it an emotional response like anger. That is an extremely unhealthy place to be in my view. Just read many of the posts on this site. That is not who I want to be or become so I choose to turn it off which takes me back to my comment about backing away from the fray.

What has always intrigued me is that we all have the freedom to control most of what we allow into our minds but for some reason many do not. I do not list to 24x7 news or talking head radio because they exist to create emotional responses which is good for their business. Same with Politicians. All of these need you worked up so they can get what they need from you (listening, watching or voting for their agenda).

Top Bottom