| FTBL A South Carolina walk-on was allegedly assaulted by 13 of his teammates last week

17Champs

Century Club
Reaction score
A South Carolina walk-on was allegedly assaulted by 13 of his teammates last week and the incident is currently under investigation.

Travis Hall took to Facebook Monday to say that his son, freshman walk-on Kamarah Reynolds-Hall, was assaulted by 13 of his Gamecock teammates.

Hall named a number of players in his Facebook post.

The University of South Carolina Athletics Department confirmed to Sports Illustrated that athletic director Ray Tanner and head coach Will Muschamp have been made aware of the allegations and because of the on-going investigation by USC PD, they declined to comment.

The clip was also posted to a Twitter account that appears to be connected to Hall.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with hazing (shaving head, taping to goal post, carrying pads, dancing goofy) the new guys a hair, but I simply cannot understand the lengths to which some folks take it. Bodily injury, sexual assault, any of that is beyond me with anymore, much less your own damn team. Tie these fuckers down and let someone do to them what they did to someone else and see how they like it. Don't just dismiss them and let that conduct spill into the streets.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
@Secondand26 it's ashamed that kids can't enjoy the good old days of initiations like the C Club!!! Shaving heads, dressing those up as girls all day long at school, dying cockroaches, "deer and dogs", record races, initiation "dinner" and finally the initiation "bath". Great time and great memories!!!

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Kinda odd that dad stepped in like this - Travis Hall. Can't fight your kids battles forever... Look at his timeline, he's been on a twitter tweeting at finebaum, herbstreit, etc.

A GoFundMe has been setup too, wow.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
How many younger people's calls go ignored in this country? I have no problem with this. If he was upset about playing time, that's one thing. if this was a simple fist fight with one guy in the locker room, I hear you. I have no doubt you'd do the same thing if it was your kid being abused by a group of guys. A group of guys that should be watched by a coach and his assistants making millions a year to watch their conduct and perform to a high standard.

The GoFundMe is a lot much, I'll give you that.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand the need for a Go Fund Me... Unless there is hospital bills?

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I simply meant you would not just tell your kid to deal with it and tell them to find your own solution. Comments you have made make me believe you wouldn't sit back while your kid is abused in any way, so whatever limited jibberish you have posted here has led me to believe that. Are you a California millionaire moving to Montana, or a Texas/Navy (I believe you have said Navy) guy moving to Montana that likes Land Cruisers for their capabilities? My entire point that a father taking it into his hands to show what's going on behind the scenes of a respected program of higher education is nothing bad. Folks are blinded by their favorite football team, thinking nothing wrong EVER happens behind the scenes and people that come out with dirt are always wrong. Ever met a real Georgia fan? They do it the right way, :cautious:. Him using his ability to contact Finbaum and Herbstreit to bring light to a situation is no different that bringing light to what happened at Penn State, Michigan State, Baylor, and any other program that sweeps shit under the rug. The GoFundMe as I already stated sounds fishy, but him reaching out to the media and exposing this is not something I consider wrong on his behalf, especially if South Carolina has done nothing. Appears as a money grab and fifteen minutes of fame, but I also see it from my prospective and if it were my kids I'd raise hell as well.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I agree. I think at this stage in life, the father should have told his son to press the issue and file a complaint or pick the biggest one out and bust him in the damn mouth. Filing charges on his behalf seems like junior high stuff. The GoFundMe really bothers me to be honest. Unless you need an attorney and will need some help paying for said attorney, the ones you should go after financially are the 13 that you are accusing of assault.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
There are protocols in place when something like this happens. Hopefully, the young man has followed those steps with the intimidation/harassment/bullying policy set forth by South Carolina. I also hope that the dad did not jump the gun and go public with these allegations until the university has a chance to investigate. I have no problem going public after the parties doing their job has started.

The good ole days of becoming a member of a team are over. Most of it was harmless fun but some things was taken to extremes. If you never played sports back, you have no idea what we are talking about.

Top Bottom