| MBB/WBB A&M fires Billy Kennedy

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Century Club
Reaction score

COLLEGE STATION — Texas A&M basketball coach Billy Kennedy will not be back for a ninth season, a person with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday.

Kennedy, 55, is considered a model coach and has valiantly fought Parkinson's disease since just after his hire at A&M nearly eight years ago, but in the end he did not win consistently enough at a university that had grown accustomed to annual NCAA Tournament visits under its two previous coaches.

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Curious to see how much money they throw at a basketball coach.

Century Club
Reaction score
Watch them go get Kelvin Sampson he can recruit and coach. Houston is 29-2 and nobody wants to play the in the dance. If I was Bryne I would seriously look at him.

Last edited:

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I hate it when good guys get fired but reality is if you don't win, you don't stay. I wish Kennedy well in his future endeavors.

Century Club
Reaction score
Sounds like Buzz Williams is their target.

Last edited:

Bamaclam

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like another victim of the PROCESS......oh wait...they beat us twice this year.

Bamaclam

Registered
Reaction score
Watch them go get Kelvin Sampson he can recruit and coach. Houston is 29-2 and nobody wants to play the in the dance. If I was Bryne I would seriously look at him.

Didn't he have some issues along the way... OU maybe?

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Gotta love when someone in the media wants to break the story prior to the coach meeting with the Univeristy.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I heard that severe fatigue is often associated with this disease. When you look at some of the overall symptoms associated with Parkinson I hope the administration had the decency and class to give this man an honorable way out besides just deciding to fire him.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Didn't he have some issues along the way... OU maybe?
He was fired at Oklahoma back in 2006(?) with charges he'd made impermissible phone calls to recruits. He was hired by Indiana, and subsequently fired and also given a show cause by the NCAA for recruiting violations. Again, phone calls.

Caught twice, both times with the same rules being broken.

Top Bottom