| FTBL A-Day?

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I have look but all I find was last year? So I thinking some of you will be able to tell me! The ones that keep up with this and the ones that go to the A-Day game?

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Don't think they have announced anything yet. Last year was closer to the end of January.

Reaction score
4-11 or 4-18...Easter Sunday is 4-12 so perhaps they will skip that weekend and go with 4-18

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Not announced but most likely April 18. As mentioned, Easter is April 12. NFL Draft is April 23-25. Dead Week on campus begins April 20 and exams start April 27.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
A -day will be a little more difficult to navigate this year because of all of the construction. Another reason I would think that they would push it as late as possible. With the remodel taking place, it will be an extremely fluid situation this year with seating/parking/concessions. I'm sure there will be sections they can not use during the game this year. I wonder if the press box will already be moved.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Aday will be a mess. Even though it was assured to be taking place on time and at BD.... the construction will complicate it a bit..... as @rammerjammer notes.
A lot of things have to work out...weather...no hidden surprises...work crews.....we shall see what happens ...dont be surprised if there isnt some surprises... and it hasto be safe for fans to be around stadium...

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Remember that the game is only one part of A Day. Captains are enshrined at Denny Chimes. Other athletic teams have games. Football alumni have a flag game. Sure, you could do these things on another day, but having the crowd there ensures good attendance.

BTW, has A Day ever been at Legion Field or anyplace other than BDS?

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I really don’t remember it anywhere else....but again...visitor safety....is more important than anything else....
I do seem to remember Aday game cancelled one year....but not sure...seems it was weather related....or started and not finished....maybe that?
Yea....lot of other activities.....use to have team at Coleman signing autographs...morning before game. Use to take my kids n grankids to that...
I guess....we'll see how Stadium progress is coming

Top Bottom