| FTBL 65 Power 5 schools today but change is afoot. New division of the NCAA with 32 "Power Elite Schools."

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Power Five

Two considerations I went with - Try to have as few teams from a single state as possible and ensure every conference has at least 6 teams. Secondarily, I thought about teams that had been in the NC mix over the last 30 or so years.

The tough decisions were :

Miami or Georgia Tech and NC State or NC - Neither in each pair is particularly worthy. Came down to Miami being easier to recruit for even in a crowded Florida and NC becoming a 100% basketball school and letting NC State concentrate more on football (or the fact that my wife's dad graduated from there). I almost dropped Notre Dame just because I have an intense hatred of them, but we know that would never, ever happen.

Big Ten getting 7 teams instead of 6 - Two conferences need 7 teams (or one needs 8) to make this work right for my minimum 6. The SEC probably could take the 8 spots, but I really think that the 7 I went with are more than enough.

Big 12 - It was hard to get to 6 there. Iowa State pretty much got in because I think they would do better than either Kansas school, especially with Iowa being relegated out.

Pac-12 - Cal got dropped as I did not want 4 California teams in the conference. Arizona State and Washington will benefit from their opposites being relegated.

SEC - I seriously wanted to drop Auburn but that could never happen. I personally say we send them to the ACC in exchange for NC State or Virginia Tech. Other than personal interest, there is really no reason to keep Tennessee or Texas A&M, but they live for now.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
No conference will leave any of its members behind. I don't know the clause, but I believe it would be a violation of its regulations and bylaws.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Good lord, it's a freakin' hypothetical. A hypothetical where the current system does not exist. The Super Elite are the 32.

And ya know what ... saying it wouldn't happen in this media climate with contracts changing?

We just saw 65 teams move away from another 60+ to form the P5 and G5. Thinking 32 won't split from the 65? 🤷‍♂️

It's a hypothetical... 🤦‍♂️

Reaction score
It's already setup and has been for years. Just don't tell those schools the are used to fill the schedules and keep the Big Dog's making the money and providing The Show. Football is the exception and all the others sports are open for success by all.

This shutdown BS has given us way too much time. We should be waiting on Boz to tell us who had a terrible scrimmage today. Aight

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Well.. of course it is....but with the level of greed that exist....and that group thinking they can get ALL the money.... who knows what may happen....
Including such....
Been trying to ace out the lesser ones for years....1-1 A and 1AA...
Not letting Houston in big12...( keeping them down..probably actually afraid that would help them get more big recruits...taking away from Texas)...or Boise State....
Anyway...fun exercise anyway...i like @mando leaving AU out

Top Bottom