| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž 2022 SEC Softball Tournament Championship ~ 1-seed Arkansas rolls to win SEC Softball Tournament

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
The bats don't show up against elite or even semi-elite pitching.
I'm of the opinion this is another of those "streaks" we see in softball that can appear and disappear at a moment's notice. I mentioned RISP in that Mizzou series; it's taken a dip. We have seen timely hitting this season.

Going into this season I mentioned the defensive efficiency. (It's just a coincidence; don't start thinkin' football! šŸ™ƒ) If you look at the conference stats as a whole you'll see it's through defense that Bama's been winning.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Yep, more going on than we know. Has to be. Baseball/softball is a slumping sport, but we have played like crap the last month it feels. Squeaking by some, losing others, and looking bad in come from behind wins.

Not a World Series team right now.

bamanc50

Sideline Club
And then....if u follow base/soft ball....slumps are common...

I agree. However, this team has been in a slump for a while especially offensively. When a team has been ranked in the top 5 for the majority of the season and you have a 3-5 record the last 8 games thatā€™s a major problem. Not to mention, losing a series to an unranked and terrible A&M team, just getting by a lowly ranked (24) Missouri team in Tuscaloosa and then losing to that same team days later in the first round of the SEC Tournament. Also going into the Missouri series Bamaā€™s RISP was something like 3-41. This looks to be more more than just a slump. On the positive side we will get a chance to see if the slump continues or not. Still more Bama softball to play.. RTR

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Touchdown Club
I agree. However, this team has been in a slump for a while especially offensively. When a team has been ranked in the top 5 for the majority of the season and you have a 3-5 record the last 8 games thatā€™s a major problem. Not to mention, losing a series to an unranked and terrible A&M team, just getting by a lowly ranked (24) Missouri team in Tuscaloosa and then losing to that same team days later in the first round of the SEC Tournament. Also going into the Missouri series Bamaā€™s RISP was something like 3-41. This looks to be more more than just a slump. On the positive side we will get a chance to see if the slump continues or not. Still more Bama softball to play.. RTR
With 8 total runs each in the 4 games split 2-2, it appears Bama needs to be ranked in a tie at #24 with MO. Or neither ranked in Top 25.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
And then....if u follow base/soft ball....slumps are common...

Agree with some of the others. The good teams find ways to win anyways. Slumps also aren't a team wide issue normally. We have fallen a part. I can't speak specifically because I have only caught bits and pieces this season, but we are not a World Series caliber team. I want to dig more into our fielding errors and see when they happened. I feel we have an extraordinary amount of fielding errors and I have personally seen where they hurt us, so I'm thinking that kills otherwise great pitching performances when the bats go dormant.

Tidexc1

Sideline Club
Registered
This team is extremely young but also extremely talented. The freshmen started hot and have faded badly as SEC play went on. The injury to Lexi has hurt us in the circle big time and obviously the timely hitting has come to a complete dead stop. But all that can change pretty quickly. We are hosting a regional and we always play better at home. Get a little momentum going and that timely hit and we could be back in OKC!

Rsedge72

Sideline Club
This team is extremely young but also extremely talented. The freshmen started hot and have faded badly as SEC play went on. The injury to Lexi has hurt us in the circle big time and obviously the timely hitting has come to a complete dead stop. But all that can change pretty quickly. We are hosting a regional and we always play better at home. Get a little momentum going and that timely hit and we could be back in OKC!
Trueā€¦.

Top Bottom