| FTBL 2021 Walter Camp Preseason All-America Team has three from Bama.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Offensive lineman Evan Neal and linebacker Will Anderson, Jr., were selected to the first team and defensive back Josh Jobe is a second team selection.

It would have been for if the transfer rule would have passed sooner.

Davestwin

Sideline Club
Offensive lineman Evan Neal and linebacker Will Anderson, Jr., were selected to the first team and defensive back Josh Jobe is a second team selection.

It would have been for if the transfer rule would have passed sooner.
Iowa State had four … I often wonder how silly these voters must feel post season.

Davestwin

Sideline Club
Three of the four were AA in 2020.
That’s right … but none of them made the 1st or 2nd AA teams in the WC 2020 preseason poll. And that’s my point. Plus, as for Iowa State, 2020 was extremely unusual in the number of games played by teams and players because of COVID cancelled games. Fewer teams with elite players playing or playing well meant a number of openings for less talented players on less talented teams that played well against a smaller pool. Anyway, I like Iowa State a lot and I hope they shake up their league again this season. But I would have put any number of SEC players ahead of Iowa State players for AA recognition. And yes, I’m biased but not blindly so.

TerryP

Ivory Club
@Davestwin

Their SR LB, Mike Rose, led the Big 12 in tackles last season in a 12 game season which included five ranked teams. He's the real deal and will play on Sunday's.

Their TE, Kolar, has been first team Big 12 two consecutive seasons. He scored around 40% of their receiving touchdowns last season. ISU isn't tossing it around like Bama but he is their receiving/scoring threat.

Breece Hall, their running back, led the nation in rushing yards last season: 1500+.

The SEC has some good linebackers; a few with great potential. If this was an AA choice between the Big12 and the SEC, with six spots, he's likely second team AA.

A better TE in the SEC? A better RB? Maybe, but these guys had great seasons last year.

Iowa State is listed at 9.5 for a win total this season: -113. That's an over.

Davestwin

Sideline Club
@Davestwin

Their SR LB, Mike Rose, led the Big 12 in tackles last season in a 12 game season which included five ranked teams. He's the real deal and will play on Sunday's.

Their TE, Kolar, has been first team Big 12 two consecutive seasons. He scored around 40% of their receiving touchdowns last season. ISU isn't tossing it around like Bama but he is their receiving/scoring threat.

Breece Hall, their running back, led the nation in rushing yards last season: 1500+.

The SEC has some good linebackers; a few with great potential. If this was an AA choice between the Big12 and the SEC, with six spots, he's likely second team AA.

A better TE in the SEC? A better RB? Maybe, but these guys had great seasons last year.

Iowa State is listed at 9.5 for a win total this season: -113. That's an over.
We will just have to agree to disagree about this one subject. It boils down to the fact I don’t rate their conference nearly as high as you do. My original point though was that the preseason AA lists rarely match up with the postseason AA lists. For example, only 3 out of 23 (P, K and KR included) of the first team Walter Camp 2020 preseason AA’s were named first team AA’s in their postseason list. I can’t imagine we disagree on that point. Anyway, I enjoy reading all of the information you post. RTR!

TerryP

Ivory Club
We will just have to agree to disagree about this one subject. It boils down to the fact I don’t rate their conference nearly as high as you do. My original point though was that the preseason AA lists rarely match up with the postseason AA lists. For example, only 3 out of 23 (P, K and KR included) of the first team Walter Camp 2020 preseason AA’s were named first team AA’s in their postseason list. I can’t imagine we disagree on that point. Anyway, I enjoy reading all of the information you post. RTR!
I don't disagree with the fact we see a lot of pre-season AA guys who don't pan out. I don't disagree that as a team ISU doesn't hold par against the majority of the teams from the SEC.

I do disagree about these guys. While the running back, second team, can be questioned the other two can not in my eyes. They proved it on the field last season.

Top Bottom