| GOLF 2021 US Open @ Torrey Pines.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Coverage this season will be a little different than the past with NBC using their Peacock platform to broadcast from 9:30 - 12:30 and then flipping to their OTA TV stations. Coverage will basically be all day long with Thursday ending live coverage ending at 7:00 PM.

I expect, like the sun coming up tomorrow, we'll hear players complaining about the greens. Any of you guys remember when Tiger four putted the first green at Torrey Pines last season? It's poa. And it can be glass.

Thursday:
107:29 AM - starting on 10.Collin Morikawa
Justin Thomas
Brooks Koepka

bama alum

Crimson Tide Club
Coverage this season will be a little different than the past with NBC using their Peacock platform to broadcast from 9:30 - 12:30 and then flipping to their OTA TV stations. Coverage will basically be all day long with Thursday ending live coverage ending at 7:00 PM.

I expect, like the sun coming up tomorrow, we'll hear players complaining about the greens. Any of you guys remember when Tiger four putted the first green at Torrey Pines last season? It's poa. And it can be glass.

Thursday:
107:29 AM - starting on 10.Collin Morikawa
Justin Thomas
Brooks Koepka

BOOOOOOO!! (n) We all wanted to see Koepka paired with DeChambeau.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Phil absolutely hates the course since Jones rebuilt it. The feel good story would be Phil finally winning a US Open title and doing it on the heels of his historic win at Kiawah but his record at Torrey since the redesign really doesn’t bode well for that to happen.

I don’t care for DeChambeau I do like Koepka on the other hand. I would like to see Jon Rahm win just because he got shafted at the Memorial

TerryP

Ivory Club
I don’t care for DeChambeau I do like Koepka on the other hand. I would like to see Jon Rahm win just because he got shafted at the Memorial
I get what you're saying but with golf it runs on origins with me. I guess I'd be labeled a "Trumper" because I'm going to root for someone from the US before I rooting for a Spaniard, or European.

That said, 9:1 isn't a bad value.

CBS write up on odds for the US Open.

Elderfalsedemigod

Century Club
I get what you're saying but with golf it runs on origins with me. I guess I'd be labeled a "Trumper" because I'm going to root for someone from the US before I rooting for a Spaniard, or European.

That said, 9:1 isn't a bad value.

CBS write up on odds for the US Open.

JT is my standing “who I root for” and that will stand at Torrey also. Rahm would just be my pick from the guys who have been in the spotlight lately

TerryP

Ivory Club
JT is my standing “who I root for” and that will stand at Torrey also. Rahm would just be my pick from the guys who have been in the spotlight lately
While I'd like to see a Bama guy win, I'll be rooting for the course this weekend. This is one of the few tournaments where I enjoy watching what we're all out there playing against; the course. (Kiawah, recently, another example.) This is one of the reasons I mentioned the poa earlier. It can be a dog track and glass; a "knuckle ball" type of roll.

Elderfalsedemigod

Century Club
@TerryP anyone who hasn’t putted on poa (especially inconsistently maintained poa) has missed a true experience

Even well maintained it can be a frustrating experience

I also love to watch the pros contend with both the U S Open and the Open. Simply because these are the times that something other than just added length most often are used to defend par

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
While I'd like to see a Bama guy win, I'll be rooting for the course this weekend. This is one of the few tournaments where I enjoy watching what we're all out there playing against; the course. (Kiawah, recently, another example.) This is one of the reasons I mentioned the poa earlier. It can be a dog track and glass; a "knuckle ball" type of roll.
They have one of the most beautiful golf course with Poa and we have to wait for the heat to kill it in our lawn.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
1st round results

(couple of players still have to complete round1)

Leader at -4 Henley and Oosthuizen

JT +2
Davis Shore +5
Wilson Furr +6
Robbie Shelton +7

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
Round 2

Leaders at -5 Bland and Henley

JT is at even par with a good round. He actually made some par putts that saved him and a couple were from 10-12 feet as well.

Robbie at +8 and failed to make the cut (+5)

Davis Shore +10
Wilson Furr +17

TerryP

Ivory Club
E4WA1SzXEAkXOev

Top Bottom