| FTBL 2021 SEC Football Media Days

TerryP

Ivory Club
I don't have time to verify that. It seems high, maybe includes existing coaches when Saban arrived in 2007.
UT has had six.
AU has had four.
Uark has had four.
MSU has had five.
Ole Miss, four.
LSU, two.
A&M, three.
UGA, two.
UF, four.
UK, three.
UofSC, four.
Vandy, four.
Mizzou, four.

That's 49, right? He's got to be counting interim head coaches as well.

Off the top of my head so I may be wrong on a few here.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Sankey must have stopped by The Home Depot at the Galleria before arriving at the Winfrey cause he is bringing the hammer.
He goes on the litany of things the NCAA has done wrong then when asked if they need to separate, he says no. I got the feeling I was listening to a guy trying to become the first commish of college football.

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
The Covid-19 Herd Immunity Threshold is 80%. That means that if 80% of the population is immune to the disease (either vaccinated or previously infected) then the likelihood of infection for spread within the population is as close to zero as it can get. There is still the possibility that one person here or there may get it, but it will not spread past that person. Considered important here because the guys are so close all the time. It should mean a team would not have to forfeit due to infections spreading rampant in a team.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Please refresh - What does this threshold represent?

So if your squad is over the 80% vaccinated threshold and you have an outbreak, you get to reschedule your game? I don’t see any other leverage to the 80% goal. But I’ve a simple mind.
No, but you're in the ball park.
The Covid-19 Herd Immunity Threshold is 80%. That means that if 80% of the population is immune to the disease (either vaccinated or previously infected) then the likelihood of infection for spread within the population is as close to zero as it can get. There is still the possibility that one person here or there may get it, but it will not spread past that person. Considered important here because the guys are so close all the time. It should mean a team would not have to forfeit due to infections spreading rampant in a team.
In the last month the percentage for the conference has dropped from 85% to 80%. Why? You may be right here.

There are a few other things the 80% brings into play.

As of last month with the 85% vaccinated:

Now, according to SEC policy, fully vaccinated individuals who are asymptomatic are not required to quarantine after an exposure to someone infected with the virus. Also, fully vaccinated athletes and staff can conduct activities within athletic facilities without masks, and individuals who are fully vaccinated are not required to continue in COVID-19 surveillance testing.

Additionally, if a team is at least 85% vaccinated, it can end surveillance testing for all individuals in the program. That’s also the percentage threshold for the entire team to be able to stop masking in facilities, regardless of vaccination status.

I can't speak to the status of Bama's team today but I can say that back in early June Saban said the team was close to the 85% mark.

mando

Sideline Club
So the media going to let Oger off this easy? Were there any follow up questions about his lack of leadership and cowardness allowing sexual assault within his program?

TerryP

Ivory Club
Tuesday, July 20
INSTITUTIONREPRESENTATIVE
GeorgiaCoach Kirby Smart
JT Daniels, QB, Jr.
Jordan Davis, DL, Sr.
TennesseeCoach Josh Heupel
Velus Jones Jr., WR, Sr.
Alontae Taylor, DB, Sr.
SECJohn McDaid, SEC Coordinator of Football Officials
KentuckyCoach Mark Stoops