| FTBL 2021 SEC Football Media Days

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
There's a question as to if he'll be a featured receiver. I think not. It's a play with Metchie being there.
What do you mean, a play? I know CNS has always been particular about who gets to talk to the media, etc......since Plexico Burris and his days at MSU.

Coach has only allowed those to speak, that do so with the one voice of team. Over the years most all of the players and other coaches have been nothing more than a re-hash of what CNS says. The opposing team is a great team, going to be a formidable opponent, well coached squad and will present a tough game for us, yada yada yada.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
I don't see Metchie being an Amari, or Devonta, or Waddle, per se. Or, say Julio. That featured receiver in the offense.

Metchie at Media Days says what it says: he's one of the team leaders. It's my opinion, the "play," is people will think the offense is featuring him based on his appearance.
I agree. Metchie might turn into a really good receiver this season and next but I just don't see it in his past play.

Now as a DB for the opposing team , you better be looking around for this guy if you pick a throw........Boom

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
I agree, Metchie doesn't have that elite speed. However, he sprung his teammates on a number of blocks, and he has a field presence that reminds me of Amari, very even-keeled and deliberate. He's definitely a leader by example. That hit on the FL player occurred when the game was tied, huge play.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Terry P has a point, but We have to remember in the past when we've brought WR to SEC Media, they would go on to have good season. He may not be a featured WR and I agree all the way, but he'll definitely will be major part of Offense in some way. I believe this year, they were asked to cut it down to 2 players, and Saban choosed 1 from offense and 1 ond defense. I think he considered those guys as a leaders and the voice of the group. It makes sense to have those guys. If media Day was allowed to bring third person, I'm willing to bet it would be C. Harris as a third person.

2019:
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Jr. <- Featured WR
Dylan Moses, LB, Jr.
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Jr. <- Rarely saw QB attending Media Day

2018:
Damien Harris, Sr., RB
Anfernee Jennings, Jr., LB
Ross Pierschbacher, Sr., C

2017:
Bradley Bozeman (Sr., OL),
Minkah Fitzpatrick (Jr., DB),
Calvin Ridley (Jr., WR). <featured WR

2016:
Jonathan Allen, Sr., DL
O.J. Howard, Sr., TE
Eddie Jackson, Sr., DB

2015:
Reggie Ragland, Sr., LB
Kenyan Drake, Sr., RB
Ryan Kelly, Sr., OL

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Surprised Christian Harris isn't one of the guys, or even a Evan Neal. Does this team have an alpha on each side of the ball yet?
I want to point out to a team where Saban had mentioned that there was no alpha dog on the team that year and everyone was doing their part... I can't remember if it was 2019 or 2020 team. I don't know if it was this past season or not, but My point is that... sometime you can have a team who can get job done without needing alpha dogs, and sometime you need alpha dog to lead the team. It's all about chemistry.

On Defense they're loaded.. got leadership everywhere. Mathis, Young, Allen, Too Too, Harris, Moody, Jobe, etc.
it's offense I'm little concerned about. Someone gotta step up and we'll see soon. Metchie and Bolden, but who else?

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
I want to point out to a team where Saban had mentioned that there was no alpha dog on the team that year and everyone was doing their part... I can't remember if it was 2019 or 2020 team. I don't know if it was this past season or not, but My point is that... sometime you can have a team who can get job done without needing alpha dogs, and sometime you need alpha dog to lead the team. It's all about chemistry.

On Defense they're loaded.. got leadership everywhere. Mathis, Young, Allen, Too Too, Harris, Moody, Jobe, etc.
it's offense I'm little concerned about. Someone gotta step up and we'll see soon. Metchie and Bolden, but who else?

I agree. I felt like last year the team was so tight that there didn't need to be that one leader to hype everyone, they all just played for each other. Look only as far as Dickerson getting hurt and everyone running on to the field, and the hugs given to him on those last couple of snaps in the Natty.

With so few "superstar" names, I was curious if these younger players needed that leadership, unlike last year's team full of seniors.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club

Hall sure looked like the making in Aday...

superstars will emerge....

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
60 head coaches.......that is an insane statistic.

I don't have time to verify that. It seems high, maybe includes existing coaches when Saban arrived in 2007.

That being said, I ran across this list. Amazing they didn't include Wallace Wade, I guess because it was SoCon at the time.

Top Bottom