| FTBL 2020 Season Thoughts

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Some football chatter... I made a few subjects, Feel free to fill in your own answers regarding the 2020 Season:

Position Group Most Excited About: I have to go WR's. I've been intrigued with Waddle for 2 years, wondering what he would do as a full timer. Had Smith left he would be a serious Heisman contender. Speaking of Smith... He's the real deal in a lot of ways. Also excited to see what Mechie will do. Lots of other good candidates in the mix after that (X Williams, Shavers, 2 stud freshman)

Best Position Battle (Not QB): I'll go with Safety. I'd expect Jordan Battle to man 1 spot, but the other I'm not sure. Wright found the field, Hellams was close. The freshman Branch has some crazy instincts... And a lot of other talent as well.

Freshman Most Likely to Play (the biggest role): With no Spring ball, the playing field got seriously leveled between the EE's and later arrivals. My pick is Drew Sanders. He just looks like a guy that has to play... He will find the field. Will Anderson blew up the All Star circuit, but I think Sanders is more physically ready. My next guess would be Demouy Kennedy at ILB. If he can beat out Christian Harris he may never look back... Could be CJ Mosley 2.0.

QB Under Center For 1st Snap?: Mac Jones. Always tougher to beat the incumbent!

Most Improved Returner (Both Sides): Will go with Jordan Battle defensively. I think he'll make a huge jump from Freshman to Soph season. A 2nd bet would be Justin Eboigbe... He gave off the solid Damien Square vibes, but he may have a little more next season! On O I'm going with Foristall. He was showing some signs last season before the injury... With a couple less 1st rounders at WR, he should get a chance to show us something.

Highest Draft Pick: My brain says Leatherwood if he has a dominant season at LT. He's already a big time prospect, but with another year to improve his strength & technique, he could jump into that top 10 as the 1st or 2nd OT. My heart says Waddle... Because he's just the best weapon I've seen in Crimson. Size isn't on his side, but the return skills add so much value to an already dominant WR skill set.

Looking forward to some responses! RTR

TideatMileHigh

Sideline Club
Reaction score
My prediction for the 2020 season is that you'll see me outside the Charmin Ultra Manufacturing Facility with my raider gang.08.28road-warrior.jpg

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Jordan did a good job last year considering he was able to secure and hold his role in the dime package. I"m with you in expecting some good things from him ...

BUT ...

I have to go with Barmore here. In my view, if there was a position coach that Saban was the most disappointed with, it would be the defensive line (and not just last season.) My opinion of Roach is not based on his playing time at Bama but what he was able to do with the talent he had at MSU. As much as I like the addition of Dr. Rhea and David Ballou I'm of the opinion Freddie's the hire to watch.

Good thread!

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score

That's a good one. He's got that "dominant" trait that we've been missing the last couple years up front. And he's a shoe in to see significantly more snaps (especially if Ray never gets back to himself). With some good Coaching, the sky is the limit. I'm excited to see what some new direction at DL can bring to the defense... IMO, as you know, creating negative plays is the only way to slow some of these offenses.

Here's something I didn't think about either - He could be in consideration for that top draft pick conversation. We could see the dreaded RS, good freshman year, dominant sophomore year when Bama fans are tormented by only really seeing a guy in the full time role for 1 season. IIRC - Marcel Dareus went from RS to top 5 pick as a soph... Marlon Humphrey RS to top 20 pick as a soph... Maybe I'm missing a few others?

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Maybe an improved special teams would be a big boost....
Got great returner.....but likely not be kicking to him much....
But improve in punting, place kicking, and ...well i wont go there....
Big part of game.....that has been poor....

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I can't really argue anything that you've said; however, Barmore didn't play like a freshman at all in the second half of the season. I thought he was very reliable. I'm going with @Tidestalker on this one. Battle really played like a freshman in the first half of the season. I don't know if he really had a breakout game, but he was pretty solid in the bowl game and the few games preceding it.

Or I can just play Delmar here and say, "I'm with you fellas!" and pull for a tie. Both players are going to factor in a major way next season.

Top Bottom