| BSB/SB 🥎 2019 SEC Softball Tournament 🥎 Alabama Falls to Florida in SEC Tournament Championship, 2-1

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Tow's out...Do what?

bamanc50

Registered
Reaction score
She ran in the path of the ball and it hit her. Same thing happened in the first inning to Florida.

PhillyGirl

Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Heartbreaker but they'll be okay.

Gotta get those bats hot.

4-26 with runners in scoring position ain't gonna cut it...

UA Press Release

Official News Releases
Ivory Club
Reaction score

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Alabama and Florida battled in a low-scoring pitcher's duel to decide the SEC Tournament Championship, with the Gators pulling out the narrow 2-1 victory over the Crimson Tide.

Alabama (52-7) took the first lead of the game in the bottom of the fourth but Florida (44-15) rallied back to move in front on a two-run double in the sixth, bringing the score to its final tally of 2-1. Sophomore KB Sides drew a pair of walks and scored the Tide's lone run of the day. Junior Krystal Goodman threw 3.2 shutout innings in the start with freshman Montana Fouts (15-4) taking the loss in relief.

For their efforts over the week, Sides, Fouts and freshman Skylar Wallace earned SEC All-Tournament team honors.

After two hitless innings for both teams, Amanda Lorenz sent a one-out single up the middle in the top of the third and Kendyl Lindaman chopped a double into left to put two in scoring position for the Gators. Alabama intentionally walked Hannah Adams to set up the force at any base and Goodman caught Jordan Roberts looking at strike three for the second out before a popup ended the threat and kept the game scoreless.

In the bottom of the second, senior Regan Dykes drew a one-out walk and then hustled into scoring position on a wild pitch in the next at-bat. Alabama could not drive her in however, as it remained 0-0 heading to the fourth. Florida put two on base in the top of the fourth after a single and a fielding error, forcing Alabama to turn to its bullpen as Fouts stepped into the circle. Lorenz took the count full before rolling an easy grounder to junior Bailey Hemphill at first, who stepped on the bag to end the threat and keep the Gators out of the run column.

Sides drew her second walk of the day to lead off the home half of the fourth before Hemphill dropped a single into shallow left for Alabama's first base hit of the game. A force out at second went for out number one and put runners at the corners. On a sharp grounder to the shortstop, she attempted to throw home but could not beat Sides running in from third as she scored on the fielder's choice to put the Tide ahead 1-0. Wallace singled to load the bases, but a strikeout and groundout stranded the bases loaded as Florida limited the damage to one run.

With the score the same in the top of the sixth, Florida pinch-hitter Cheyenne Lindsey reached on a two-out slap double that just stayed fair down the left-field line. A second pinch-hitter drew a walk, bringing Lorenz to the plate. The senior battled to a full count before dropping a two-run double into the left-field corner to give the Gators the 2-1 lead. After a walk to Lindaman, a force out at third ended the half-inning with Florida in front.

The Gators couldn't add to its lead in the seventh and the Tide got the potential tying run on base in the bottom half but could not push her across.

Next up, Alabama awaits its NCAA Tournament assignment as the field of 64 will be announced Sunday, May 12 at 8 p.m. CT live on ESPN2 with NCAA Regional round play to begin the following weekend.

For the latest information on the team, follow @AlabamaSB on Twitter, BamaSB on Instagram and Alabama Softball on Facebook. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Very disappointing...3rd baseman Morgan ? Struck out with bases loaded and later with 2 in scoring position....
just cant get runs in ...... .
O well.... same As always.....
Roll tide girls

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
When i watch.
Two thoughts. :D

One, stop watching. 😈

And two, you've not watched a lot this year, eh? 🤷‍♂️

The latter isn't that big of a deal. It's not that hard to keep up with the games, but it's certainly not as easy as simply tuning into one of the networks. There's quite a few that simply don't like watching anything via an app or on their computers/tablets/etc.

252BAMA

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
What's new? Just another elite Bama team that can't win over the other elite teams. And/or elite pitchers.

Last edited:

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
Keep in mind, Bama swept them in Gainseville, just a few weeks ago. Bama just picked the wrong one of the 4 to lose.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@bamachine, if there was one thing I'd like to see changed in the SEC tournament it would be a move to a double elimination versus a single elimination format.

For one, more softball to watch. For me, the softball tournaments rank alongside with some of the other big sporting events each year—both collegiate and professional. Secondly, if there is one thing that's a difficult run for any team to make...it's through a single elim tourney in baseball or softball. (It's such a dynamic contrast to basketball where most put all the value on the tournament and in softball the value is in the regular season. At least it is in my opinion under this format.)

I'd like to see them remove the instant replay, or at least change who is reviewing the call. I am not a fan of the person making the call originally reviewing the call they just made. Instant replay called this one safe.

On another note, a bad look for the SEC here considering all of the jokes bantered about relating to "Blue" being a blind old man who is long passed retirement. The umpire on the right looks like he's totally lost, still looking for the on/off switch.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Two thoughts. :D

One, stop watching. 😈

And two, you've not watched a lot this year, eh? 🤷‍♂️

The latter isn't that big of a deal. It's not that hard to keep up with the games, but it's certainly not as easy as simply tuning into one of the networks. There's quite a few that simply don't like watching anything via an app or on their computers/tablets/etc.
Ummmm
No havent seen a lot... but some....just seems ..you know..... whatever....and wouldn’t know how to view vis app. If i had an app.lol
The late games are good....i have a couple hours to dedicate to watching.....
Thtas just me...
And i reall liked the instant replay....one per coach...or umps can ask for...cool

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
No havent seen a lot... but some....just seems ..you know..... whatever....and wouldn’t know how to view vis app. If i had an app.lol
FWIW, and this is definitely changing the subject a bit, but you might find it useful or helpful.

If you have ESPN with your cable package you can watch the games all the time. How you do it is where the question lies.

• A smart TV and you can download the ESPN app. (It's no different than TV's having a HULU or Netflix app available.)
• If you want to you can always watch games on your computer. Just go to Watch ESPN, log in with your cable credentials, and you won't miss games. The VAST majority were available this season.
• IF you don't like watching on your computer, phone, tablet, etc., just spend $35 bucks and buy a Chromecast...send it to your TV. I do that with a lot. Using Chrome, it's just the matter of right click, cast ... two ways to get that done.

Worst case scenario...grab a grandkid and tell them to do it for you.!!!!

b.jpgc.jpg

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@50+yeartidefan, back to softball ...

I've seen more than a handful around the 'net talking about how the offense is what's missing this season with Bama. Yet, when you look at the this season the Tide has led the SEC in practically every offensive category.

A lot of those that have espoused that opinion have changed their tune when that's mentioned. I've seen a lot immediately fall back to "they can't hit a good pitcher."

Sure, it's a harder game when you're facing someone like Barnhill. However, one game doesn't define the offense here either. As exmple, in three games this season Bama has faced a pitcher who was a finalist in the Player of the Year category: Minnesota, Arizona, and as 'chine mentioned earlier UF in that series against Barnhill. The Tide scored 7, 6, and 6 in those three contests.

Sometimes it just isn't your day. We hope it's not linked to the days you are watching! :ROFLMAO:

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
A weekend of softball ...

Here's what I got ...

c.jpg

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
FWIW, and this is definitely changing the subject a bit, but you might find it useful or helpful.

If you have ESPN with your cable package you can watch the games all the time. How you do it is where the question lies.

• A smart TV and you can download the ESPN app. (It's no different than TV's having a HULU or Netflix app available.)
• If you want to you can always watch games on your computer. Just go to Watch ESPN, log in with your cable credentials, and you won't miss games. The VAST majority were available this season.
• IF you don't like watching on your computer, phone, tablet, etc., just spend $35 bucks and buy a Chromecast...send it to your TV. I do that with a lot. Using Chrome, it's just the matter of right click, cast ... two ways to get that done.

Worst case scenario...grab a grandkid and tell them to do it for you.!!!!
Have directv. ..i can operate it pretty good...getting grankids to help is great idea...lol

As for softball..... i dont believe in jinxing.....but ...

Top Bottom