| PRO 2019 NFL Draft Thread: Alabama Football Finishes with 10 Former Players Selected in 2019 NFL Draft

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
With the draft coming up soon, I figured a thread covering the news/analysis for all things Bama Guys leading up to said event was apropos (especially after seeing this cool tweet)

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Matt Luke better buckle up. There's talk that DJ Metcalf (far left) is going to confess in his big TV draft interview this year where he gets his discount PEDs. And the rebel tradition continues.

BAMANEWSBOT

Ivory Club
Reaction score
2019 NFL Mock Draft: Russell Wilson traded to Giants for crazy haul, Seahawks land Kyler Murray

CARDINALS
Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
There's been conflicting buzz about what the Cardinals want to do at the top of the draft: I like the idea of Arizona standing pat with what they have and improving their defense. It gives them a better chance to win this year.

DOLPHINS
Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama
The Dolphins are a likely team to trade back here because they want to accumulate assets, but in this particular instance we'll just have them take a high-level prospect who can start to provide an infrastructure for whatever quarterback they draft in the next two years.

CHIEFS
Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
This feels like a luxury pick of sorts, but the Chiefs do need more help at running back and Jacobs is versatile with minimal wear and tear. He'd be fun in Andy Reid's offense.

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Bama Club
Reaction score
I said it a couple months ago in another thread.

Very likely he's Bama's first #1 overall pick in the modern NFL Era.
Not unless you know something nobody else does. All the ‘experts’ are convinced Murray #1 to Arizona. Most mocks I see have him #4 to Raiders. Well know soon.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Not unless you know something nobody else does. All the ‘experts’ are convinced Murray #1 to Arizona. Most mocks I see have him #4 to Raiders. Well know soon.
I doubt very seriously someone like, even Arizona, would spend their #1 overall pick on a scrawny little spitfuck like Murray. You're gonna dump all that money in someone that may or may not be broken down before you even get out of OTA's?

I'd almost guarantee he doesn't make it past week 2 of preseason without his miniscule body getting banged up.

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
You forget how stupid NFL front offices are, methinks.

A team can be sorely needing OL or DL help but instead of taking a possible HoF type player at either position to help their team, they will take a QB who is getting pub like crazy. They could easily go out and get a backup from some other team, to fill in until they have fixed their front lines.

See the Browns organization for the last 15 years until recently.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
You forget how stupid NFL front offices are, methinks.

A team can be sorely needing OL or DL help but instead of taking a possible HoF type player at either position to help their team, they will take a QB who is getting pub like crazy. They could easily go out and get a backup from some other team, to fill in until they have fixed their front lines.

See the Browns organization for the last 15 years until recently.
Ehhh, true.

Century Club
Reaction score
I doubt very seriously someone like, even Arizona, would spend their #1 overall pick on a scrawny little spitfuck like Murray. You're gonna dump all that money in someone that may or may not be broken down before you even get out of OTA's?

I'd almost guarantee he doesn't make it past week 2 of preseason without his miniscule body getting banged up.
I think your not considering the coach at AZ now. I think it's a foregone conclusion he is going to them and Q goes #4 to Chuckie.

Top Bottom