NEWS 2018 NCAA Coaching changes - MacIntyre- Ole Miss DC: Dillingham to Auburn as QB coach, OC

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
Featured Thread #121
FWIW, a former Bama player is saying that Freeze is waiting on the decision from Locks before making his decision.

Henderson: December Team Nuggets

Henderson: December Team Nuggets... The Reason You Subscribe..... | BamaInsider.com
This is what I’m hearing and tracking regarding potential assistant coaching changes.

On Locklsey

7:45 AM CT UPDATE
A quick additional nugget on Locks: Hear he is interviewing this morning and is still the front-runner.

Barring something CRAZY! He's expected to be named the Maryland HC as early as tomorrow afternoon.

7:00 AM CT UPDATE

I’ll start with Alabama offensive coordinator Mike Locksley who is set to interview for the Maryland head coach position today.

Locksley who has done a fantastic job at Alabama with both the receivers and the offense over the last two seasons is from the Washington D.C. area as we’ve mentioned several times and has coached twice at Maryland as an assistant in the past, this would likely be his dream job and the head of Under Armour Kevin Plank who fronts the bills at Maryland wants Locksley, so this is a no-brainer right?

Well, we will just have to wait and see as I have heard recently that Maryland might go another direction because they need a coach with an absolutely spotless resume. What does that mean? During Locksley’s time in New Mexico, he went through some off the field issues that end up costing him his job.

I was actually in Albuquerque at the time and while a few of these instances were on him, the media and the University went after him and tried to make life hell for him, it was a bad deal, but since that time, Locksley has improved and rebuild his image and most importantly has the blessing of Nick Saban, the most influential man in college football, so we will see what transpires there.

I’ve also heard that if Locksley does get the Maryland job there is a small possibility that Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts would be presented a starting quarterback position with the Terrapins.

Also, keep this in mind. If Locksley does get the Maryland job, that could be a blow to Alabama’s chances with IMG Five-star recruits Even Neal and Trey Sanders as Locksley is the lead recruiter for each of those high profile targets.

On Pete Golding…

Right now, two programs are in pursuit of Alabama Co-defensive coordinator Pete Golding. Oklahoma and Ole Miss are bringing money to the table. From sources we know close to each program, money will not be an issue to bring Golding onboard. The Sooners want to pay top dollar for their new defensive coordinator as apparently so does Ole Miss who put an offer on the table for Golding at what looks like three times his salary per year, currently, Golding makes $650,000.00 per year.

Would Golding really leave Alabama to go to Ole Miss? Golding’s wife went to Ole Miss and Golding who is a Louisiana native went to Delta State which is in Cleveland, Mississippi. I hear from sources that Golding wants to be in Tuscaloosa for a few years and that in order for him to leave Alabama, big money would have to be presented..

Joe Pannunzio…

Neal McCreedy who does a helluva job for the Ole Miss rivals site who mentioned some similar info regarding Golding also mentioned that Pannunzio is also being looked at for a position at Ole Miss. Pannunzio has worked with the special teams and is the current running backs coach at Alabama.

On Dan Enos…

From what I gather Tennessee Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt met with Dan Enos after the SEC Championship game to discuss Enos being the offensive coordinator at Tennessee. As you know, Enos has done a marvelous job with the Alabama quarterbacks and is going to be a hot commodity from here on out, that is why Saban was quick to bring him on-board. While it seems Enos would be a slam dunk higher for the Vols, I actually heard late on Sunday evening that it does not look like Enos and Tennessee will work out for whatever reason, so rest easy Alabama fans.

“Sophomoric mistakes” due to a big game ? Didn’t these guys play in last years National Championship game... I don’t buy that big time game excuse...

Coincidentally, Oklahoma is set to meet Alabama, who happens to employ Pete Golding as its co-defensive coordinator/inside linebackers coach. Golding was Riley’s reported top choice almost from the moment Mike Stoops’ firing became official in mid-October, but sources told FootballScoop a Golding hire appears off for now.

Sources told FootballScoop that Ole Miss head coach Matt Luke also approached Golding about running the Rebels’ defense, but Golding also rebuffed those overtures.

Update on Oklahoma's defensive coordinator search - FootballScoop

Pete Golding to the Johnny Rebs and those Wagon folks............."get off my lawn"

SnakeFan

Verified Member
Urban is a sorry sack of shit, with no credibility, no back bone, no morals but if you are looking to win games for 4 or 5 years he can get you going. You just have to fire him before he quits recruiting.

Maybe aU will hire him after next season....
People have short memories sometimes but those in the game don’t. I believe the POS Urban will wind up next to the ex-coaches on one of the college gamedays

Urban is a sorry sack of shit, with no credibility, no back bone, no morals but if you are looking to win games for 4 or 5 years he can get you going. You just have to fire him before he quits recruiting.

Maybe aU will hire him after next season....
People have short memories sometimes but those in the game don’t. I believe the POS Urban will wind up next to the ex-coaches on one of the college gamedays
Auburn would sell their soul to have a “Saban” type coach... if there is any way they could get Urban, they’ll try it.

colbyjacks

Verified Member
Sources tell FootballScoop that Alabama co-offensive coordinator / wide receivers coach Josh Gattis is expected to join Mike Locksley’s staff at Maryland as offensive coordinator.
To be clear, Gattis at this time works for and is recruiting for Alabama at this time; but sources tell us the position has been offered, and Gattis is expected to accept.

Locks and Gattis have worked the ‘cruiting trails together for Bama this past year and done fairly well for themselves. In a game of Jimmies and Joes, pairing Gattis with Locksley would put other Big Ten programs on notice that the Terps are serious about locking down the DMV.
Before joining Nick Saban’s staff earlier this year, Gattis was a member of James Franklin’s staff at both Vanderbilt (2012-13) and Penn State (2014-17), and also spent a year coaching the receivers at Western Michigan. At all those stops, Gattis has developed receivers that have gone on to break school records, or capture all conference or All-American accolades working with names like Jordan White (WMU), Chris Goodwin (Penn State), Jordan Matthews (Vanderbilt) and at Alabama this year he mentored a group that had to fill some big shoes, and a number of guys stepped up big for the Tide all year long.

Sources tell us that one potential derailment of Gattis joining Locksley is if App State were to offer them their head coaching job, as we understand that the Mountaineers’ AD Doug Gillin has Gattis on his list of coaches he’s considering interviewing. Playing his college ball just 90 minutes to the East at Wake Forest, Gattis is familiar with the lay of the land at Appalachian State, something that many believe is important in the guy they tab to replace Scott Satterfield.
Final disclaimer: Gattis currently works for Nick Saban. This move only happens with Saban’s blessing. However, at this time, we understand the plan is for Gattis to wind up at Maryland unless Saban decides he has to keep him.
Stay tuned to The Scoop for the latest.

Updating a previous item, The Athletic's Bruce Feldman refuted Football Scoop's report that Alabama co-OC/WR coach Josh Gattis would be accepting the offensive coordinator job at Maryland.

Feldman passes along that sources "very close" to Gattis told him that this Maryland report is "not even close to accurate." Football Scoop's Doug Samuels had reported earlier on Thursday that this was expected to be a done deal unless Gattis was offered the head-coaching position at Appalachian State. We'll keep tabs on this situation until definitive word surfaces one way or another.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Just heard on the radio that Tennessee is going to offer Neal Brown (Troy) a big contract to be the OC there. Should be interesting to see if he is willing to take step down (in terms of job title) for a step up in pay (and a big one).

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Just heard on the radio that Tennessee is going to offer Neal Brown (Troy) a big contract to be the OC there. Should be interesting to see if he is willing to take step down (in terms of job title) for a step up in pay (and a big one).
And let me point out, as someone who has been in the room when these questions have come up, Neal Brown has always shot those questions down. He cancelled his press conference for this week...

Well Swaggert and Freeze can compare "little black books". Freeze may be able to turn Jimmy on to some new trim
You do realize that Jerry Falwell (died in 2007) is the founder of Liberty University.

Jimmy Swaggert (busted for picking up prostitutes) is from Ferriday, Louisiana and is cousins with Jerry Lee Lewis and Mickey Gilley.
ie...The Killer, The Preacher, and The Cowboy.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Well Swaggert and Freeze can compare "little black books". Freeze may be able to turn Jimmy on to some new trim
You do realize that Jerry Falwell (died in 2007) is the founder of Liberty University.

Jimmy Swaggert (busted for picking up prostitutes) is from Ferriday, Louisiana and is cousins with Jerry Lee Lewis and Mickey Gilley.
ie...The Killer, The Preacher, and The Cowboy.
well shit. I confused my televangelists and messed up a decent joke

Top Bottom