NEWS 2018 NCAA Coaching changes - MacIntyre- Ole Miss DC: Dillingham to Auburn as QB coach, OC

I guess the pressure of not reporting how your asst. coach beat his wife and not making the CFP got to him again... Stepping down as OSU Head Coach after the Rose Bowl.

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
I guess the pressure of not reporting how your asst. coach beat his wife and not making the CFP got to him again... Stepping down as OSU Head Coach after the Rose Bowl.
I called this two years ago to a couple of my Buckeye buddies. I told them that Urban would be short term. That Urban was the kid who took his ball and went home as a kid. He is one of those who really makes a huge impact when he starts but people start calling bullshit on him after a while and his short cuts catch up with him. When they do he will fake a health problem or make up some other excuse and leave (take his ball and go home)

I was laughing at ESPN earlier for emphasizing that he "retired" that he didn't step down.. meaning that they think he is done coaching. They haven't even looked back that he said he was "retiring" from Florida too because of his health and to spend more time with his family.. then showed up at Ohio State the next season..lol!

Urban is a sorry sack of shit, with no credibility, no back bone, no morals but if you are looking to win games for 4 or 5 years he can get you going. You just have to fire him before he quits recruiting.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
The wild card in all of these hypotheticals is Freeze. Those in his camp were pretty sure that he was headed to UT—but Pruitt is continuing to interview. I saw a report of him interviewing with Taggart at FSU. Lindsey is heading to Kansas? There's rumor of Malzahn to GT now surfacing in AU circles (not that I put a lot of trust in anything from that group.)

There is one conclusion I've come to in all of this regarding Freeze: he's looking/asking for something that seems to be a stumbling block for those interviewing him.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
There is one conclusion I've come to in all of this regarding Freeze: he's looking/asking for something that seems to be a stumbling block for those interviewing him.
I believe Sankey has basically put an SEC show cause in place with Freeze. I think he is allowed to interview for SEC jobs but I think Sankey is behind the scenes and does not want his next job to be in the SEC. JMO

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
I believe Sankey has basically put an SEC show cause in place with Freeze. I think he is allowed to interview for SEC jobs but I think Sankey is behind the scenes and does not want his next job to be in the SEC. JMO
I mean Sankey can say whatever he wants but Freeze's suspension is done, anyone can hire him and Sankey can't do anything about it other than give grief. Pat Dye is putting it out there that Auburn is going after Freeze hard (and before you roll your eyes, Dye also said last week before anyone else that Chip Lindsey would leave Auburn and go to Kansas). My only thing with that is I dont see Freeze just sitting back and letting Malzhan override him and call all the plays like Lindsey did. That would be a freaking dumpster fire (which Im looking forward to).

Top Bottom