NEWS 2018 NCAA Coaching changes - MacIntyre- Ole Miss DC: Dillingham to Auburn as QB coach, OC

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
HARRY'S
I can't find it now, but UNC fired their coach too! The big news is that, UNC is going after Mac Brown this would be his second time as head Coach at UNC.

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
ADMINISTRATION
HARRY'S
Elite football? That doesn't even belong in the same sentence paragraph page book with regards Texas Tech.

And he's a member of the selection committee for the College Football Playoff. Did he get hit in the head recently?

mhardiman

Verified Member
HARRY'S
I'm routing for ECU to become the next Central Florida, Boise State or Utah. If I were Les Miles ECU sounds like a better job than freaking Kansas. Just saying. being that right now and not knowing the law of getting out of conferences and media rights ECU appears the SEC's best option in the North Carolina market and since we're talking coaching changes and ECU has a coaching vacancy as well.

Last edited:
Elite football? That doesn't even belong in the same sentence paragraph page book with regards Texas Tech.

And he's a member of the selection committee for the College Football Playoff. Did he get hit in the head recently?

Maybe Kirby still has Mike Leach's cellphone number....if so he should give Mike a call and a new closet....can you feel me

Kliff would be interesting hire for Alabama... Keep eye on him.... If anything, anyone who pops up at the facility at Alabama before playoff games.... is probably our next OC.

Just speculating, but if Locks goes to Maryland, I would suspect that Saban makes another play for Freeze. He wanted him last year, but was basically told no by the SEC because of the "no-cause" or whatever it's called by the NCAA.

Over the years we have a good snap shot of Saban and his "hires"......ie Kiffen. I think Saban recognizes folks good at their job and if he can have them on his side, he will hire them.

Spurrier tried to hire Brother Oliver several times because of the same respect and mutual admiration.

252BAMA

Verified Member
HARRY'S
Should have done it over 3 years ago. Namely after the 2015 opening loss to SC. If a HC was ever 100% responsible for a loss, it was Fedora in that game. Dumbest damn sh!t I ever saw. I would have fired the SOB before he left the field.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Ole Mack left UNC as head coach to go to Texas years ago. Not sure I agree with the move. IMO, he can only go another 3-5 years. I think he is almost 70 years old, other schools will use that against him. They may make the move for him to be the head coach and hire someone on staff that will be the coach in waiting.

Top Bottom