NEWS 2018 NCAA Coaching changes - Gattis signs Michigan contract; Tee Martin returning to Tennessee

I get the deal with Gattis going to be a OC (in name) to Go Blue and he should get big dollars. The deal with Key and Enos has to be A or B.

A-Both guys really didn't care for working in Nick's Process with money nothing being an issue.
B-Nick didn't really care about either working in his Process.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Why would we go back to someone who doesn't know how to run the ball when required? Dude lost us a big game, then went to Atlanta and their offense was pretty bad. No reason to go backwards.
Dude, he doesn't know how to do anything right, not just run the ball. Half of Atlanta's offensive success this year was Matt Ryan changing the play and the other half was him just chucking it up and Julio going up and getting it.

Why would we go back to someone who doesn't know how to run the ball when required? Dude lost us a big game, then went to Atlanta and their offense was pretty bad. No reason to go backwards.
Dude, he doesn't know how to do anything right, not just run the ball. Half of Atlanta's offensive success this year was Matt Ryan changing the play and the other half was him just chucking it up and Julio going up and getting it.
Dude is a good coach he just wasn’t good in the NFL, happens to a lot of college dudes that try the NFL i.e Saban for one

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Dude is a good coach he just wasn’t good in the NFL, happens to a lot of college dudes that try the NFL i.e Saban for one
Where was he good?

BamaFan334

Verified Member
So good he was fired at USC for being a drunk. He also was mediocre at Washington and USC.

Yes, we had the lead with two seconds left, but the point is we should have never been in the situation to lose that game. His job in Atlanta was to allow the most explosive offense in the league do it's job, and we absolutely sucked. Comparing that to Saban is ridiculous, because Atlanta had every piece of the puzzle offensively to ein, the Dolphins did not. Plus Sarkesian was running one part of the team, Saban the entire team. Major difference.

Jesus, seeing a bunch of people saying there will be a lot of turnover on both sides of the ball (coaches) this year again. This shit is unsustainable. You cannot lose this many coaches and players in back to back to back years and just keep on rolling. Its going to give at some point.
Then we better get back to sucking every year because as long as we’re really good our coaches are going to get poached. Clemson hasn’t been poached because they’ve only been national contenders for a few years, we’ve been dominate since damn near the moment Saban got here.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
We had the lead with 2 seconds to go and our defense on the field‍♂️
You can thank Bo Scarbrough for that. Once he went out we fell into a lull. He demolished Clemson in one half of football.

I believe every starter on that 2016 Bama defense is/was on a NFL roster. I find it hard to believe that will all that talent Bama couldn't get one sack on #4 during that 75 yard drive. Not one...........looking at you Tim Williams.

Georgia........Todd Hartley has joined the staff as tight ends coach. Hartley most recently coached the tight ends for Mark Richt at Miami. Hartley’s coaching career started as a student assistant at UGA, and he has also coached safeties at Marshall and served as director of player personnel at Georgia for a season.

Kirby trying to turn LSU's DB coach Raymond..

"LSU cornerbacks coach Corey Raymond was mentioned in various reports regarding the Ohio State defensive backs coaching search last week, although he never spoke with anyone from the Buckeye's regarding the position.

Well, this time there is substance to back it up, as multiple sources confirm that Corey Raymond is expected to arrive in Athens on Saturday to interview for the defensive backs coach vacancy under head coach Kirby Smart.

Raymond's interview was preceded by former Ole Miss defensive coordinator Wesley McGriff, who interviewed for the position earlier in the week.

Raymond will be entering the final year of his contract as LSU's defensive backs coach, where he has been a fixture on the LSU staff since 2012, establishing himself as one of the nation's premier position coaches.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
You are correct, defensive injuries hurt, but it was more about offensive playcalling. Any team can put up yards, so #6 means zero to me when you sport a losing record.
So if you have a bad defense that allows other teams to stay in the game, and win, that's on the offensive coordinator?

Look. If it wasn't for Tosh and what happened at USC we'd be looking at Tua playing on the west coast. Specifically, for Sark. There's a close relationship. There's always been one.

Now, if you like, take a look at what he did with Matt Ryan this season and then weigh it out with "he didn't do a good job."

Ryan didn't break any of his own records this season but did put up numbers close to those. It was the 2nd highest totals in QBR, Yards per attempt and second highest yards per game of his career. His completion percentage? 2nd highest again. TD's? 2nd, again. It was the lowest INT rate of his career. (H/T to Teddy on compiling those figures and he's a basketball guy.)

If wins and losses are the end all, be all, then Kiffin wouldn't have had the success he had at Bama. Neither would Locks. Hell, if we're going to use the NFL to grade how a guy will do in college Saban and Stallings wouldn't have had the careers at Bama they did.
We were out our #1 running back most of the year, drafted Ridley as another threat with Julio and Sanu, so he threw the ball more this year than he has in the last few years, so of course his stats are going to be higher. I also said it was a lot to do about the play calling. Spew out anything you want, but the guy was fired for a reason. He wasn't getting it done when the team needed it to get done, end of story. The whole staff was cleared out because the defense didn't do their job either. We lost a lot of games because the offense couldn't stay on the field when we needed them to, allowing teams to drive down field and beat us in the 4th quarter, on many occasions. Our defense let the offense down, but there were a lot of times our offense let our defense down. Matt Ryan having the best interception ratio of his career? bravo, it's about time since he's making the amount of money he's making and he's been a turnover machine a lot of his career. Double digit interception numbers for all except three years of his career. Making more money than one other quarterback in the league, with multiple others winning Super Bowls. I was never a fan of paying him that money. great guy, great face for your franchise, but not worth the money he is making, as most aren't.

And "what if" means zero as well. Maybe Tua does stay out West. What's your point? You saying we fall to a five loss team without Tua? We were doing fine before he came and will hopefully be fine once he leaves. Sarkesian lost atleast four games in every season he was a head coach, minus the one he got fired during while at USC where he was 3-2, but on his way to more losses.

Wins and losses are the end all be all, it's a competition. You lose, you get fired, you win you make more money. I'll use Georgia Tech again. I don't care if we ran the ball the best in the NCAA, if we can't even make a bowl then what does it ultimately matter? I understand a guy may be a good coordinator, but not be able to handle the head job, but I don't see our program as a launching point or in a helpless position where we can't find a guy and have to settle.

And I'm not saying the guy is dog crap, I just don't like the possible hire. There are reasons we can point to as evidence, and I don't think it bodes well for the program. Dealing with a guy that admitting he deals with alcoholism every single day is a tough position to be in. Allowing that guy to manage your offense when he wasn't getting it done at his previous stops just doesn't make sense to me. We can pull any coach in the country and pay them what they want, but this was our first choice?

Top Bottom