NEWS 2018 NCAA Coaching changes - Gattis signs Michigan contract; Tee Martin returning to Tennessee

saw this posted ........

Quote..........Tim Watts just said a name to watch is Notre Dames' Chip Long. Also info that Nick wanted to stick with the uptempo/spread deal vs retreating to the old pro set deal. Hard to get my hands around that but.......

Kirby promotes current coach to OC for the Dawgs

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart promotes James Coley to offensive coordinator

“James has been an critical part of our staff since we came to Georgia,” Smart said in a UGA release. “He’s done an incredible job in all aspects of his responsibilities including coaching wide receivers for two years, serving as co-offensive coordinator this past season coaching the quarterbacks, and recruiting.

“James has extensive coordinator experience during his entire coaching career and will transition easily into his new role.”

Ok....shocked me but....maybe ACC needs some competition help...maybe help Miami give clemson some comp.... there is truely not a close #2
ACC needs it bad...It is less competitive than Pac12

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
I was looking forward to him calling plays this fall if he got the OC job. Wondering out loud here but did CNS let him know he would be looking somewhere else to fill the role of OC at Bama? Was he told that he would have to interview just like every other coach? Dont know but South Beach with babes and bikinis is not a bad play to work. ;)

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
HARRY'S
I was looking forward to him calling plays this fall if he got the OC job. Wondering out loud here but did CNS let him know he would be looking somewhere else to fill the role of OC at Bama? Was he told that he would have to interview just like every other coach? Dont know but South Beach with babes and bikinis is not a bad play to work. ;)
That could be possible. "Hey! Things aren't just handed out here, you have to earn them!"

I was on a staff that went through a coaching change and I had to interview for my position on staff again.

Tosh and Golding are out on the road recruiting so that is a plus............I think. I am going to allow Nick Saban to coach since he does it better than I do. Nick and team overcame adversity after the 2010,2013,and a little after 2016 so he knows the story and what is needed for 2019. He not only has to find talented coaches that can coach and recruit but he has to find coaches they want to really pay the price to be part of his process. JMO but he is going to find less and less of these below 45 years of age coaches that will want to keep the hours he demands. This isn't your Father's college football.

I think some of the turnover is after coaches are here they realize what Saban expects and if we’re being honest he’s a bit rough at times on coaches. I think they decide no thanks and want to find a place that treats assistants a little better.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
Barrett Sallee with the idea he has a clue on what's going on with a coaching hire. SMH.

Seeing people "confused" or "shocked" over Gattis moving along surprises me. There's one thing I've not seen mentioned. People are pointing to Enos and the work he's done this past season and not giving Gattis a hat tip for the work he's done with the receiving corps. It's not gone unnoticed. Him moving up the coaching ladder is a natural move—following Locks was as well. Now, the jump to Michigan all of a sudden? That we can call shocking.

Enos really became a "hot commodity" in the fall. It was magnified by Tua's injury which gave a lot of people a view of his work with Jalen. It's a gold star kind of year on his resume and it's being played full tilt. His time in Tuscaloosa was already cut short because of the work he's done. So, was it 2019 or 2020 he's on the move? He's headed for another head coaching gig.

On that note, let's not forget the resume Enos carries. Remember, he was the head coach at Central Michigan before he resigned and took the offensive coordinators job at Arkansas. It was only a matter of time.

Top Bottom