| NEWS 2018 NCAA Coaching changes - Former Alabama assistant Derrick Ansley lands at Tennessee

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Distraction? Welcome to Bama’s world there Georgia. Nice to see someone else’s coaches getting poached before end of season games for a change.
I don't see this as much of a distraction from this game. It does bring into play something I consider to be a big point with working for Kirby.

With Saban, the difficulty in finding coordinators to replace the ones who have left have been pretty seamless. Will that the be same with Kirby? Does he have a coach, waiting in the wings, that already knows the defense UGA employs? Does he have the cache in the marketplace where coaches will want to work with/for him?

Reaction score
Distraction? Welcome to Bama’s world there Georgia. Nice to see someone else’s coaches getting poached before end of season games for a change.
I don't see this as much of a distraction from this game. It does bring into play something I consider to be a big point with working for Kirby.

With Saban, the difficulty in finding coordinators to replace the ones who have left have been pretty seamless. Will that the be same with Kirby? Does he have a coach, waiting in the wings, that already knows the defense UGA employs? Does he have the cache in the marketplace where coaches will want to work with/for him?
Kirby might need to promote his wonder boy to DC..........Glenn Schumann ......Aight

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Kirby might need to promote his wonder boy to DC..........Glenn Schumann ......Aight
That's not a bad guess. The only thing that crosses my mind when considering him as that guy would be how much experience he has calling/coaching the secondary. So far, that's where Kirby's defenses have been called from (Tucker.)

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Coach Clark at UAB in my mind is as safe a hire as there is in football. What he has done there twice is truly miraculous. He must have something holding him back from getting offers or he has put it out there he isn’t going any where.
Not going out of state until he's vested, and I don't think he'll leave UAB before his son does. He also just got a contract update this week.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about any coaches leaving as of yet?

rick4bama

Scholarship Club
Reaction score

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Century Club
Reaction score
Assuming Locksley interviews and accepts the Maryland job. Keep him through the playoffs or send him on his way?

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Assuming Locksley interviews and accepts the Maryland job. Keep him through the playoffs or send him on his way?
Please God... Send him on his way. His lack of running the ball when we can and being predictable drives me nuts. I used to love the way Enos called a game. Still lots of throwing, play action but he believed in running it

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Does Alabama's Golding get the job at Oklahoma to be their DC?

Understand that Clemson's DC Brent Venables said he was not planning on leaving. His son just started on the team and he wants to see this through. Sounds like he's not planning on going home to Kansas State. Thought for sure he'd make the leap.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I was thinking McElwain could end up in Pullman if the whole Mike Leach to Texas Tech thing happened.

Puts McElwain back home so to speak and in the P5 school.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
If he can keep the two separated, keep him. He's done a hell of a job this season.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
McElwain may just need a smaller pond. He had Colorado State clicking along. And Fort Collins was a beautiful part of the world. Right at the foothills of the Rocky Mountain National Park. Oh well, north Michigan area is nice too.

rick4bama

Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Coach Bill Snyder who will replace him in Kan. St. ?

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Coach Bill Snyder who will replace him in Kan. St. ?
Whoever he may be should be someone who can recruit. Lester may take over that state in a year or so.

rick4bama

Scholarship Club
Reaction score

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Send him packing and promote Enos, bring Butch onto the field.
The offense we saw all year is due to Locks because the spread concepts we see are concepts Locks brought Bama—it's the reason Saban hired him.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Century Club
Reaction score
Send him packing and promote Enos, bring Butch onto the field.
The offense we saw all year is due to Locks because the spread concepts we see are concepts Locks brought Bama—it's the reason Saban hired him.
It would help his recruiting in Maryland if he could get a ring out of it.

Top Bottom