| NEWS 2018 NCAA Coaching changes - Former Alabama assistant Derrick Ansley lands at Tennessee

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
He won a NC at Texas.....and...what if Colt hadnt got hurt?
I bet Colt doesn't say anything about, if he hadn't got hurt! Being when he playing in the NFL!

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Huge? Not really. 2020 in Dallas...

Clay's on the hotseat, does this hire help, only time will tell.

rolltide66

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Ole Mack left UNC as head coach to go to Texas years ago. Not sure I agree with the move. IMO, he can only go another 3-5 years. I think he is almost 70 years old, other schools will use that against him. They may make the move for him to be the head coach and hire someone on staff that will be the coach in waiting.
he is 67. he and Saban are washed up... well, maybe one of them

Reaction score
Lot of stuff happening ....

The Scoop - Thursday November 29, 2018 - FootballScoop

Sources tell FootballScoop Utah State head coach Matt Wells has agreed to become head coach at Texas Tech.

Colorado...Leading candidates for the job are Georgia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker, Vanderbilt head coach Derek Mason and Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt,

North Carolina.... Sources tell FootballScoop, in addition to Greg Robinson, Mack Brown is also hiring Dre Bly to coach corners

Arkansas........Defensive coordinator John Chavis chosen to exercise a voluntary 2-year extension keeping him with the Razorbacks through the 2020 season. Chavis had the option to extend his deal at Arkansas if requested in writing before December 1

Kansas... Quick update in response to a number of questions… Given that Les signed his term sheet on the 16th and it was announced on the 18th; one would think a number of hires would be imminent. We understand Les Miles has had very preliminary discussions with a healthy number of former assistants; but sources tell us Les is being very deliberate (i.e. not getting the responses he thought he might get from potential first choices) in the vetting process. We hear his agent George Bass is now involved, performing a good amount of diligence on potential hires. Sources tell us money is available; but thus far Les hasn’t found the right matches.

Last edited:

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Century Club
Reaction score
Reports suggest that Purdue is going to pay Brohm $6m per year.

That's crazy money.
Definitely a head scratcher. When CNS was brought on board, I seem to remember reading that Ferentz at Iowa was knocking down $4 mil a year. Seemed crazy then, this beats it.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Huge? Not really. 2020 in Dallas...

Clay's on the hotseat, does this hire help, only time will tell.

The problem that Texas Tech has had with their style is they can't protect their defense. Teams are all playing up tempo for the most part, and it doesn't discombobulate teams like a few years ago. Once opponents catch up with the speed of the game the rest is about attrition. Just ask Oregon and the barners?

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Coach Clark at UAB in my mind is as safe a hire as there is in football. What he has done there twice is truly miraculous. He must have something holding him back from getting offers or he has put it out there he isn’t going any where.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Coach Clark at UAB in my mind is as safe a hire as there is in football. What he has done there twice is truly miraculous. He must have something holding him back from getting offers or he has put it out there he isn’t going any where.

Last night I heard some guy asking about Clark getting a look at Louisville, etc...... Radio jock made a point that he thinks Clark is just really invested emotionally with UAB right now, with all the ups and downs in the past few years. Thinks that next year will probably be the time that he would make a move.

Makes sense, to an extent, but when folks start throwing out millions of dollars, that can get pretty emotional too. He is in a good spot. He is the head coach and is proving he can get it done. He could hold out and probably get a really good SEC job if he wants. IMO I would be more apt to hire Clark (proven as a HC) as opposed to getting an assistant (from a big time program) that has not.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Coach Tucker now will this be a Coach Saban one or will it be a Coach Smart one? Inspiring minds want to know? Well me anyhow!:what:

Reaction score
JMO but Mel was just an assistant for Kirby and Kirby is calling the defense for the most part. Will Kirby make a bid for Tosh...again?

BamaFisher

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
Distraction? Welcome to Bama’s world there Georgia. Nice to see someone else’s coaches getting poached before end of season games for a change.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Now we can see how Curbee handles a little change.

Top Bottom