| NEWS 2018 NCAA Coaching changes - Former Alabama assistant Derrick Ansley lands at Tennessee

BAMANEWSBOT

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Georgia hires Todd Hartley as tight ends coach

Georgia not only found a replacement for Jim Chaney at offensive coordinator, but the Bulldogs also hired a new tight end coach.

Todd Hartley, a Georgia native and alum, was hired by the Bulldogs to coach tight ends on Monday morning, Kirby Smart announced with a tweet.

"We expect Todd to be a great fit back at Georgia,” Smart said. “He worked with the team while he was in school at UGA until he graduated and then returned to our program for another year later in his career in a separate role so there is no doubting his allegiance and excitement about returning to join the Bulldogs. Todd has proven himself as an excellent position coach and as a top-notch recruiter and we look forward to his return to Athens."

Hartley was the tight ends coach and special teams coordinator at Miami. His role at Georgia will be his third stint in Athens, but first as an on-field coach. He served as a student assistant in 2005, staying on until 2010.

He coached safeties and special teams at Marshall for two seasons and in 2012, switched to offense to coach tight ends along with special teams.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
OU is making a few changes on the defensive side of the ball, appears they are serious about fixing their problem.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
WOAH.

Wouldn't we want a PROVEN coach with a PROVEN track record of consistent winning with a championship or two sprinkled in said track record?

I don't think Pruitt will fit that bill. Not while he's at Tenneflea with Fat Boy breathing down his neck.

Along the same topic: I don't think Dabo would come when "mama calls". They're about to build his statue in Clempsum. He could end up being all-time legendary there, sitting all alone at the top. Here, he'd be just another championship coach in a long list of them, Saban's shadow looming large. I think Dabo knows all of this and as hard as it would be to turn his Alma Mater down, he'd be the ONLY fish in that small pond up there (there's a pun in here somewhere about Clempsum being a spitting image of A*burn, but with a lake/pond).

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
So - Any word on this Washington DC? Don't even know the dudes name but I want him... RTR

Reaction score
Alabama.........Sources at Maryland tell FootballScoop Butch Jones plans to remain at Alabama. The former Tennessee head coach spent this past season as an analyst for Nick Saban.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Butch has been a WR coach, so I'm assuming thats where he lands.

Reaction score
Big Mike and Maryland is hiring Charles Kelly (10RC staff) as his DC per football scoop. Pruitt has to go looking now for a LBer coach.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Al.com reporting that Tosh Lupoi has interviewed with Freddie Kitchens for a position with the Browns. I guess Saban’s call to Freddie was a little more than saying congratulations!

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Merry-Go-Round is still a going!

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Golding has done absolutely nothing for the ILBers this season. I can't believe coach Saban doesn't address this huge problem in the middle of our defense.

Top Bottom