| NEWS 2018 NCAA Coaching changes - Former Alabama assistant Derrick Ansley lands at Tennessee

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I got a friend that is a graduated from UNC. Going to ask him how he feels?

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Ole Mack left UNC as head coach to go to Texas years ago. Not sure I agree with the move. IMO, he can only go another 3-5 years. I think he is almost 70 years old, other schools will use that against him. They may make the move for him to be the head coach and hire someone on staff that will be the coach in waiting.
I don't think recruiting at UNC is the same as recruiting in the SEC. Most of the coaches in the ACC don't last very long.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
This is a slightly stupider hire than Miles at KU IMO

We All Bleed Crimson

Football's GREATEST Tradition !
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
UNC is hoping that Mack will be able to return the team to where they were before during his first tenure. They just need something to watch until basketball season starts anyway. The fans that I know rarely talk about football, it always b-ball.

Reaction score
Mack never had a losing season at UNC and he actually had back to back years of 11 wins and 10 wins something the cow college has never done... (I think).

Since 2000 UNC has had 9 winning seasons, 9 losing seasons and 1 6-6 season. The good news is Nike will have them with at least 15 different uniforms each year.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Mack never had a losing season at UNC and he actually had back to back years of 11 wins and 10 wins something the cow college has never done... (I think).
He only had two wins in this first two years at UNC--one in the conference. It was his third year before he managed to get them over .500.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Ole Mack left UNC as head coach to go to Texas years ago. Not sure I agree with the move. IMO, he can only go another 3-5 years. I think he is almost 70 years old, other schools will use that against him. They may make the move for him to be the head coach and hire someone on staff that will be the coach in waiting.
He's the same age as Saban. There's a handful of coaches in P5 schools that are in their 60's and still moving right along. Cut at Duke, Dantonio at Michigan State, and Ferentz at Iowa are some that come to mind.

It's my opinion that UNC is trying to follow the footsteps of Arizona State and have a CEO type in the head coaches chair.

Your point on recruiting is one I'm with you on. One of the reasons for his career ending at TX was his belief he could recruit from his office instead of hitting the recruiting trail. The coaches in state really didn't challenge that much but we did see other programs raid that state yearly.

Reaction score
The Spread coaching GraveYard has grown. RIP Larry Fedora, Rich Rod, Todd Grantham, and Kliff Kingsbury.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
He lived off of Vince Youngs natty performance and effectively let 40 acres recruit for itself.

It's my opinion that DeLoss was a visionary AD, but fell into the lazy trap as well. Facilities fell behind for no reason at all, they've got the money.

Reaction score
He lived off of Vince Youngs natty performance and effectively let 40 acres recruit for itself.

It's my opinion that DeLoss was a visionary AD, but fell into the lazy trap as well. Facilities fell behind for no reason at all, they've got the money.
If only Colt hadn't got hurt..........

Elderfalsedemigod

Century Club
Reaction score
He's the same age as Saban
Cut at Duke, Dantonio at Michigan State, and Ferentz at Iowa are some that come to mind.
But honestly when I see Mack he strikes me as older and much less clear headed and energetic as all of those coaches you named

Also don't see UNC paying out the $$$ needed to get the staff he would need to pick up the slack on the recruiting trail JMO

Elderfalsedemigod

Century Club
Reaction score
Kingsbury could be an...interesting replacement for Locksley should he decide to go back to Maryland.
Major Applewhite 2.0 IMO, I don't see the attraction but then again I didn't want Kiffin either

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score

If only Colt hadn't got hurt..........
It started long before Colt's injury, but that loss really took a toll on Mack (paraphrasing his comment). The entire program lost their drive and focus.

Luckily a condition that Saban doesn't suffer.

gc90

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Heard that he was on list for coaching jobs again.

God .. can he just get that job ... he will leave ESPN ... just hate him whining there....

where did the Oregon Ath director go? I like him.

gc90

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Can somebody merge it with other thread didnt realize there was one for coaching changes

BAMAneck

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
He is so quick to slide in a knock on BAMA when he gets a chance.

‘09 butthurt lives

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Reports suggest that Purdue is going to pay Brohm $6m per year.

That's crazy money.

Top Bottom