• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| NEWS 2018 NCAA Coaching changes - Former Alabama assistant Derrick Ansley lands at Tennessee

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I can't find it now, but UNC fired their coach too! The big news is that, UNC is going after Mac Brown this would be his second time as head Coach at UNC.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Alabama gets Southern Cal in Dallas in 2020. Will it still be Helton?

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Elite football? That doesn't even belong in the same sentence paragraph page book with regards Texas Tech.

And he's a member of the selection committee for the College Football Playoff. Did he get hit in the head recently?

mhardiman

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
I'm routing for ECU to become the next Central Florida, Boise State or Utah. If I were Les Miles ECU sounds like a better job than freaking Kansas. Just saying. being that right now and not knowing the law of getting out of conferences and media rights ECU appears the SEC's best option in the North Carolina market and since we're talking coaching changes and ECU has a coaching vacancy as well.

Last edited:

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Kingsbury could be an...interesting replacement for Locksley should he decide to go back to Maryland.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Kliff would be interesting hire for Alabama... Keep eye on him.... If anything, anyone who pops up at the facility at Alabama before playoff games.... is probably our next OC.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Just speculating, but if Locks goes to Maryland, I would suspect that Saban makes another play for Freeze. He wanted him last year, but was basically told no by the SEC because of the "no-cause" or whatever it's called by the NCAA.

Over the years we have a good snap shot of Saban and his "hires"......ie Kiffen. I think Saban recognizes folks good at their job and if he can have them on his side, he will hire them.

Spurrier tried to hire Brother Oliver several times because of the same respect and mutual admiration.

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Bama Club
Reaction score
Should have done it over 3 years ago. Namely after the 2015 opening loss to SC. If a HC was ever 100% responsible for a loss, it was Fedora in that game. Dumbest damn sh!t I ever saw. I would have fired the SOB before he left the field.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Ole Mack left UNC as head coach to go to Texas years ago. Not sure I agree with the move. IMO, he can only go another 3-5 years. I think he is almost 70 years old, other schools will use that against him. They may make the move for him to be the head coach and hire someone on staff that will be the coach in waiting.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
He's a terrible recruiter (and evaluator based on his want to convert everyone to DBs).

This is a dumb hire, they've downgraded from Fedora.

Top Bottom