Football Sumlin out???

bamascw

Verified Member
So, Bleacher Report put out a snippet that A&M have decided to part ways with Kevin Sumlin and go after Jimbo Fisher. Anyone heard anything about this? I have found nothing anywhere else.

TUSKstuff

Riding The Wave
So, Bleacher Report put out a snippet that A&M have decided to part ways with Kevin Sumlin and go after Jimbo Fisher. Anyone heard anything about this? I have found nothing anywhere else.

All over Finebaum and the SEC network. But still just speculation. Chip Kelly, Jimbo and Grunden, That would be the trifecta of coaching hires in the SEC.

bamascw

Verified Member
I just don't see Gruden leaving his "cush" job for head coach anywhere. He seems very comfortable doing what he does. Before Butch was hired, every single UT fan I knew was on the "Gruden is coming for sure" train and of course that train is stoking the coal into the fire as we speak around here. lol

planomateo

'cause small minds can't see past Uranus...
ADMINISTRATION
Chip is rumored to be heading to Florida.
Good thing Chip gets along well with others. I hope he goes there and we get to see that offense against some SEC defenses every week.

If he goes there it means they've settled for a splash hire vs the best hire in my opinion. I'm not a fan of him.

We All Bleed Crimson

Football's GREATEST Tradition !
He could end up in Knoxville.
That's what I've heard. I wonder if the money will lure him away. I don't know what kind of buyout Jones has and what kind of money they'll offer, but I think it will be tempting. At the moment, he's done a great job at MSU and he is set for life there if he wants to stay. But at ut, he'll have more resources (in my opinion) at his disposal and perhaps a broader recruiting base. We'll see in the next few weeks or so.

TUSKstuff

Riding The Wave
I have to give major props to Miss St and their administration. They have taken good care of Mullens and made it so easy for him to stay put unless he got exactly what he wanted. At this point, he has 9 years invested, great facilities, wealthy to boot and if they hang on to him when so many have him on their radar, this time around, he could soon become "institutionalized" and turn into the next Bill Snyder.

Aint it fun it not us....
Jimbo at AnM....seems good fit
Dont know bout Kelly...
Hope TN hires Fleck....."row the boat"...
Lol
Nick should be going up the recruiting ladder with decommittments everywhere

bamascw

Verified Member
I just don't see Chip Kelly getting back into the NFL anytime soon, so if he wants to coach, college is his only choice. I think his ego is big enough that he would come to the SEC to "show us" how it's done but I don't think he would come to any school. Of the schools that are open, I would think Florida would be best, followed by A&M (strictly because of the money they have mixed with the recruiting bed of the state) then UT. But, who the hell knows.

I too think Kelly would fit at UF. I also think he would do well and give teams fits, however going against SEC defenses week in and week out would take it's toll. As good as Spurrier and Meyer were at Florida, they always managed to choke a game away every year. I feel as though Kelly would fit that mold. Compete very well and make the SEC east travel through Gainesville every year.