News Jesse Palmer re-signs with ESPN after bidding war with Fox--no longer calling games, in studio

12gage

Verified Member
Jesse Palmer has agreed to remain with ESPN after being hotly pursued by Fox Sports, sources tell Sporting News.

The college football analyst signed a seven-figure, multiyear contract to remain at ESPN, sources said. His previous contract with the network was set to expire in July.

Sources also said Palmer, the lead analyst for ESPN's SEC Network, will no longer call games; instead, he is expected to move into the studio full time for halftime and postgame coverage during Saturday games. That's where he used to work on "College Football Live" with the late John Saunders.

Moving to the studio will enable him to work out of New York, where he serves as a special contributor for ABC's "Good Morning America." Palmer will continue to serve in that role under a separate deal. Many non-sports fans may also remember Palmer as the first pro athlete to headline ABC's "The Bachelor" in 2004.

SN exclusive: Jesse Palmer re-signs with ESPN after bidding war with Fox

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Was starting not to mind the guy calling games. Hate losing him because as I get older it's getting more difficult for me to find play by play guys I truly enjoy. Beth Mowens doesn't do it for me like she doea for some of y'all.

I'm going to miss Mussberger. Jesse grew on me. I thought he was pretty good. I think the talking too much was when there were 3 guys in the booth. He and Pollack seemed to war a bit over who would get to interject the most info with whomever the play by play guy was. When it was just Jesse and a play by play announcer, I thought he was pretty good. We need Blackledge.

I'm going to miss Mussberger. Jesse grew on me. I thought he was pretty good. I think the talking too much was when there were 3 guys in the booth. He and Pollack seemed to war a bit over who would get to interject the most info with whomever the play by play guy was. When it was just Jesse and a play by play announcer, I thought he was pretty good. We need Blackledge.
I kinda liked Pollack.....Blackledge needs to go to CBS .....would be a great team reunited.....